ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Indefinite Leave to Remain Application

Post by Reckon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi Forum,

I'm from India and has been living in UK for the past 5 years on Tier 1 (General). I went for ILR in the morning in Glasgow Premium Service office. After a wait for 2 hours, I was told that all documents and SET (O) application is fine, but they have further enquiries to make. This is not what I was expecting to be honest... and do not leave in the very best taste. Please advice if that is normal or what could have been the scenario? I tried to ask but the lady was brief... I was handed over the letter of acknowledge for my application.

My Details
1> Permanent Employee (12 months salary slips, bank statement, P60 and employer certificate)
2> Live in the UK exam
3> SELT English Exam
4> My education was previously evaluated (I have post-graduation from India)
5> Passport and BRP submitted in Original

What should I expect now? Please advice

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Do you have any self employment history while on Tier 1 G?

Have all your income declarations to HO and HMRC been exactly the same with no discrepancies in the amount claimed for points vs tax paid etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Thanks for reading my post.

No, I do not have any previous history of self-employment. However, my salary slips for recent months have more money than normal and its because of over-time. Those slips have been approved by my manager and like-wise, bank statements show the same.

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:41 pm

I think they will match the overtime with HMRC records for payment of higher Taxes and NI accordingly.

If you don't mind what is the difference in normal salary vs salary with overtime and for how many months?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:58 am

I would doubt that overtime earned would cause issues during the ILR application as tax and NI is automatically paid on it if paid via payroll.

I had significant periods of overtime and of doing two jobs (and some of those periods were concurrent) to meet the salary requirement during my five years on T1G. Yet I had not the slightest hiccup when I applied for ILR. Mind you that was almost three years ago and procedures may have changed since then.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks Honey2008 and Secret.Simon.

My salary is paid after all income tax deduction. All earning documents are valid. I was told by the Visa & Immigration lady that my file and documents are all fine, but they are waiting for one security check. And further said that they cannot proceed unless that is done. When I asked for any tentative timeline, it was not answered very clearly. My photo and finger-prints were recorded before I left the office.

I'm not sure if that is the standard reply given in case more time is required or it depends on case to case. Please advice as its not the best feeling when uncertainty looms around

PS: Last time for my T 1 (G) application (3 years back), I went to same office and it was done with-in 1 hour.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:37 am

Sometimes there is a delay in getting responses from other gov orgs which can cause a delay or there is a computer system problem. Most people that have a straightforward application that this happens to wait a week or two and get the outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:20 am

CR001 wrote:Sometimes there is a delay in getting responses from other gov orgs which can cause a delay or there is a computer system problem. Most people that have a straightforward application that this happens to wait a week or two and get the outcome.
Thanks CR001. Do you have any idea how Home Office will let me know? Will it be by call or email?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:18 am

Probably a letter with your documents. Although, some people have received calls so I guess it depends on the caseworker etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:33 pm

CR001 wrote:Probably a letter with your documents. Although, some people have received calls so I guess it depends on the caseworker etc.
Thanks CR001. I'll wait from Home Office. I'll update on to this thread.

Thanks once again all

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi Forum,

I was told that I will get a call in a day or two. But hasn't happened yet. Can anyone please advice what should I do? Whom should I contact? Is there anyone who availed Glasgow Premium Service since Thursday? Its not a easy feeling...

Thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Wait patiently!

Hard to do I know but that's all you can do. You'll not hear anything / be told anything unless the caseworker comunicates with you - either asking for more information or communicating a decision. And, it can be weeks or months before you hear anything. You are not the first person whose PSC application has been deferred!!

So, wait ... patiently.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks SushdMehta. It was hard to be honest.

Update:

I got email from my case-worker and visa (ILR) has been granted. I went in person to collect my documents. BRP will be coming by post in 7-10 working days. Feeling relaxed now.