ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel of UK born children on Tier2 Depend - Parents on ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hasher768
Newly Registered

Travel of UK born children on Tier2 Depend - Parents on ILR

Post by hasher768 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:49 pm

HI Friends,

My wife and I got our ILRs in Dec last year. We did not apply for the ILR for our two sons as they were born in UK. The plan was to apply for their natuiralisation immediately after our ILR, but due to certain circumstances (mostly work rleated travel), I was not able to do so. My question is can I travel with my kids outside UK to my home country (Pakistan) on their old dependant BRP Cards, which are still valid until Nov 2016 or do I have to first apply for the Naturalisation for all of us and then only we can travel. I was hoping that there was a way we could travel without applying for the Naturalisation. I searched the forum and there are some posts but most are old. In view of the changing rules on a daily basis in the UK, I was hoping someone could share similar expereinces or let me know what the law says about it.

Would really appreciate a quick reply from the learned community.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel of UK born children on Tier2 Depend - Parents on

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:53 pm

Did you/wife obtain ILR based on 5 years PBS route or 10 years long residence route.

To register the children, you could have applied with your spouse's passport and ILR BRP, only one parents documents are required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hasher768
Newly Registered

Post by hasher768 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:02 am

Hi, we both got our ILRs on the 5 year PBS Route. The question is more if we can travel with the children even if they dont have their ILRs and only have their PBS dependant BRP cards with them, which from a date validity perspective are still valid.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:17 pm

If they have a valid visa on return there should be no issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hasher768
Newly Registered

Post by hasher768 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your answer. But, i just wanted to be very specific so that there are no ambiguities in mhy understanding.

Would their dependant BRP that has a validity until Nov 2016 be considered as a valid Visa even though the main applicant which is me got an ILR, so technically their dependant visa should be cancelled?

Thanks in advance for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Would their dependant BRP that has a validity until Nov 2016 be considered as a valid Visa even though the main applicant which is me got an ILR
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hasher768
Newly Registered

Post by hasher768 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks very much!!