ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Tax query

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi,
I expect to apply for ILR in 2017. My question is that I came to UK in April 2012. However, I did not find a job here till May 2014 I didn't even apply for my National Insurance number till late 2013 given that I didn't have any income or job here. Because of that, 2014/2015 was the first year for my UK taxes.

My question is that when I apply for ILR, will that be a problem? They will only have my Tax / NI history for 3 years, and no data for prior years.

I did apply for one extension in 2013 where I used my oversees earnings as a proof of income.

Cheers. (Sorry for repeat post. I Was not sure which one is the right forum to post -- Tier 1 (general) or ILR one? )

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tax query

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:35 pm

When there is no income, there is no tax liability.
Just make sure with a tax advisor that your overseas earnings have no UK tax liability. If there is any, sort it out well in advance before your ILR application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!