ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Work permit-entry clearance India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tas_ti
Newly Registered

UK Work permit-entry clearance India

Post by tas_ti » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:44 am

Hello all,

I have been approved a UK work permit for 5 years. I have to apply for entry clearance in India. I completed my Master's in July 2007. My work permit has been filed then, it was rejected once and on an appeal from my employer they approved it. My question is related to section 6.4 - Current finances and employment. I am unemployed right now. I would like to know if this will have an impact on my visa decision and the questions which are to be answered then. The questions are as follows.

PLEASE COMPLETE ALL THE FOLLOWING qUESTIONS, EVEN IF SELF EMPLOYED.
6.4.3 What is the name of the company you work for? >>>>>> 6.4.4 When did you start this job?
D D M M Y Y Y Y
6.4.5 What is your work address? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6.4.6 What are your employer’s telephone numbers?
6.4.7 What is your employer’s email address?
6.4.8 Do you have any other source of income >>>>>>>>>>>> 6.4.9 When did you start this job?
from a second job or occupation?
D D M M
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box Y Y Y Y
Yes No If ‘Yes’ please provide full details
6.4.10 What is your total monthly income from all
sources of work or employment after tax?

As for the finances, I have a fixed deposit of 8000 pounds in my account. I think that would be sufficient.

Please shed some light on these.

Thanks,
Sat.

tas_ti
Newly Registered

correction

Post by tas_ti » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 am

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance, as from question 6.4.2 to question 6.4.10 are to be answered by a person who has an employment, so doesn't hold for me. Still I would like to know if my employment status will have an impact on visa decision.

Thanks
Sat.

Decus et Tutamen

Post by Decus et Tutamen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 am

I wouldn't pay too much attention to your current finances. The Immigration Rules state that you have to maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to public funds, and your work permit income once in the UK should be sufficient to meet this requirement.

tas_ti
Newly Registered

Post by tas_ti » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:13 pm

Thanks Decus et Tutamen, for your quick reply. Will the entry clearance depend on any way on my current employment status?

Awaiting replies.

Thanks
Sat