ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NOT SURE ABOUT WHICH FORM TO USE.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leopett
Newly Registered

NOT SURE ABOUT WHICH FORM TO USE.

Post by leopett » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Hello you all!
I am about to send my application for a PR card as a family member of an EEA national (italian wife for over 14 years now). My doubt is: she will ask for her PR too. So I got this form called EEA(PR) at the home office site. On page 15 section 1, A, it asks us the reason of the application: 1 : EEA national applying for a document certifying residence.
2: Non- EEA national applying for a permenent residence card. And THAT'S my doubt: SHOULD we tick BOTH boxes? Since we are applying for both options on the same form....yes or no? I really appreciate your help, as I am doing it TODAY ,and got stuck in that section. Many thanks!
Leo

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: NOT SURE ABOUT WHICH FORM TO USE.

Post by lake1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:43 pm

leopett wrote:Hello you all!
I am about to send my application for a PR card as a family member of an EEA national (italian wife for over 14 years now). My doubt is: she will ask for her PR too. So I got this form called EEA(PR) at the home office site. On page 15 section 1, A, it asks us the reason of the application: 1 : EEA national applying for a document certifying residence.
2: Non- EEA national applying for a permenent residence card. And THAT'S my doubt: SHOULD we tick BOTH boxes? Since we are applying for both options on the same form....yes or no? I really appreciate your help, as I am doing it TODAY ,and got stuck in that section. Many thanks!
Leo
You can't used one form for the 2 of you, you need to complete 2 separate forms but can send them together in one envelop.

donbright
Newly Registered

Post by donbright » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:21 pm

lake1 wrote:
leopett wrote:Hello you all!
Leo
You can't used one form for the 2 of you, you need to complete 2 separate forms but can send them together in one envelop.
Can
Obie wrote: please answer this question or any one else that can explain. Can en EEA and Non EEA national married use the EE(PR) form to apply for a PR together, declearing the Non EEA as the dependant and the EEA the main applicant please?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:34 pm

EEA(PR) wrote:Your family members
You can include your family members (including extended family members) in this application if they also qualify for permanent residence.
You must pay an additional £65 for each family member you include. If your payment does not cover you and your family members, we will reject your application and return it to you without consideration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:59 pm

vinny wrote:
EEA(PR) wrote:Your family members
You can include your family members (including extended family members) in this application if they also qualify for permanent residence.
You must pay an additional £65 for each family member you include. If your payment does not cover you and your family members, we will reject your application and return it to you without consideration.
Interesting I guess the new form changed it all, am still working from the days of EEA 3 and EEA 4.

leopett
Newly Registered

Post by leopett » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:28 pm

vine, thanks a million!
I was doubtful about it. now I will send the form way more reassured. great!
one last question, though: should i send a pre paid special delivery envelope for the HO to send me back my docs when done? I recall sending one when i first got my 5 year residence card.
Guess I will be sending a pre paid...it's safer.