ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment date versus Salary credit date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Payment date versus Salary credit date

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Dear All,

I have a quick question, my salary date on the salary slip is 30 of Nov (salary for Nov 2015) but the payment credit was credited today in my bank account (15 of Dec 2015).

Do I need to have a covering letter for this or any other documentation from the employer when I go for my ILR.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Payment date versus Salary credit date

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:47 am

In order to make it safer get the employer letter.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks for the reply.

What should the letter include from the employer.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:46 pm

scorpio_besal wrote:Thanks for the reply.

What should the letter include from the employer.
Simply minimum shall be your details including NI and address, company name, employment period, Gross, net and tax and if any benefits etc.

rama.b

Post by rama.b » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:53 pm

I had the same issue, I have used the letter in below format from my employer and got my ILR last week. Regarding name, the company I was employed is different and the company (sister company) that paid my salary is different

Employee "so and so" is employed by us from date and I can confirm the below details are correct etc
Salary Month | Gross | Net | Paid date| Name

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:04 pm

rama.b wrote:I had the same issue, I have used the letter in below format from my employer and got my ILR last week. Regarding name, the company I was employed is different and the company (sister company) that paid my salary is different

Employee "so and so" is employed by us from date and I can confirm the below details are correct etc
Salary Month | Gross | Net | Paid date| Name
I agree this format will be helpful. Try getting on official letter head that would contain the contact details if HO wants to confirm directly with your employer

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your help.

So in my current senario , as per the payslip

Payment date: 30-11-2015

but the actual credit date is 16 of Dec 2015.

So I would ask my employer to write me a letter on the company letter head with contact details of the employer which would say the following

"Employee "so and so" is employed by us from date and I can confirm the below details are correct etc
Salary Month (Nov 2015)
| Gross £XXXX| Net£XXXXX |
payment date 30/11/20015|
Payment credited to the bank account on the 16/12/2015 "

Do they need to mention why the payment was transfered late.

Please note: I called the HMRC contact center today and they confirmed that the tax was recieved by HMRC from my employer as of Nov 30 2015.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:37 pm

scorpio_besal wrote:Thanks a lot guys for your help.

So in my current senario , as per the payslip

Payment date: 30-11-2015

but the actual credit date is 16 of Dec 2015.

So I would ask my employer to write me a letter on the company letter head with contact details of the employer which would say the following

"Employee "so and so" is employed by us from date and I can confirm the below details are correct etc
Salary Month (Nov 2015)
| Gross £XXXX| Net£XXXXX |
payment date 30/11/20015|
Payment credited to the bank account on the 16/12/2015 "

Do they need to mention why the payment was transfered late.

Please note: I called the HMRC contact center today and they confirmed that the tax was recieved by HMRC from my employer as of Nov 30 2015.
If you know the reason (if not normal course of business) then ask your employer to mention in same or another letter or minimum you may explain in your detailed cover letter. But probably if you present every thing in a good manner then less likely that it may be picked up by the case worker. in either way that should not cause any issues.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks Iqbal, I would get the letter from him as advised by you.
Regards,
A Mutant Member