ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - Section5 Child Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guaravd

MN1 - Section5 Child Referees

Post by guaravd » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi All

I know this questiona has been answered earlier and appeared in FAQ as well. But I still want to confirm from senior members and people who have personally applied with no professional referee.

The issue is my UK born child is just under 2yrs and I am planning to make his MN1 application on December. The issue as as he is just 22 months old we are unable to get any professional referee like teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. I have read on this forum that UKVI is less strict for childern specially of this age but I still don't want to take any chances here.

Are there any success stories for people in similar situation ? Has anyone got rejected for a child application with no professional referee ? Any response in this regards will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: MN1 - Section5 Child Referees

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:05 pm

guaravd wrote:Hi All

I know this questiona has been answered earlier and appeared in FAQ as well. But I still want to confirm from senior members and people who have personally applied with no professional referee.

The issue is my UK born child is just under 2yrs and I am planning to make his MN1 application on December. The issue as as he is just 22 months old we are unable to get any professional referee like teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. I have read on this forum that UKVI is less strict for childern specially of this age but I still don't want to take any chances here.

Are there any success stories for people in similar situation ? Has anyone got rejected for a child application with no professional referee ? Any response in this regards will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Suggest you shoot for professional referees that you know.

In any case HO does not always take up such referees.
And if they do & they happen to object to any particular referee they will contact you to invite nomination of another referee.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

guaravd

MN1 Appointment at NCS

Post by guaravd » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:42 am

Hi All

I've got my MN1 appointment booked today for little one who is just under 2yrs.

My query is do I've to take my little one to NCS for his application or can I go without him as well ? Your response is much appreciated. Thanks

noajthan

Re: MN1 Appointment at NCS

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:46 am

My query is do I've to take my little one to NCS for his application or can I go without him as well ? Your response is much appreciated. Thanks
My understanding is minors are not interviewed and do not have to attend.
(Example: my teenage daughter was not required to attend NCS.)

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:51 am

noajthan wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response noajthan.

I would like to cross check one more thing with you.....As I was unable to find any professional reference, both the reference are personal but they are professionals aged over 25 Y british citizen. I hope UKVI will not be too fussy about it as this application is for under 2yrs. Any thoughts ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:15 pm

guaravd wrote:
noajthan wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response noajthan.

I would like to cross check one more thing with you.....As I was unable to find any professional reference, both the reference are personal but they are professionals aged over 25 Y british citizen. I hope UKVI will not be too fussy about it as this application is for under 2yrs. Any thoughts ?
HO does not always take up references.

if a referee is deemed to be unsuitable they will write to you and ask you to nominate another referee.