ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of Absences from ex employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rahul05
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Letter of Absences from ex employer

Post by Rahul05 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding the letter format issued to me from my ex employer. The letter was issued only after I perused a lot. Also the letter is a soft copy attached in an email, with system generated signature and is on a letter headed paper. Following letter has been issued

Date XXXX
TO WHOMEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. ABC (Emp No. 1234), was a Permanent employee of
ABC Limited from 4th Jan 2011 to 23rd May 2013
Mr. ABC was on a long term assignment with effect from 5th Jan 2011 in the
United Kingdom. He was working with us as a consultant.
During the above period he was entitled to Annual leaves as per the company policy. We can
also confirm that he was paid salary in the UK for the following absences.

• Travel Start Date Travel End Date Days of absence from UK Countries visited Nature of Travel
    Date from Date to 5 ABC Personal
    Date from Date to 20 ABC Personal
    Date from Date to 26 ABC Personal

This letter is issued at the request of employee for Proof of employment and cannot be used
as a formal detailed experience letter.
Should have any queries, please get in touch with us at +44 12344556 or email us at
email@abc.com.

Now I have following queries:
1. Is the format good enough to be used as part of Tier-1 General ILR ?
2. The letter says I was on long term assignment from 5th Jan in the UK and I joined them on 4th Jan. In fact I have been in UK on both these days and joined them in UK only. Will this be an issue?
3. Also as the letter is a soft copy (with system generated signature, logo, contacts details etc.) will that be an issue?
4. Any additional document, that I should include with this in order to make it better?

In all I have 95 days of absences during the five year period, with maximum of 26 days in any one year. I have received a detailed letter from my current employer with list of all my holidays.

I look forward to your guidance in this matter.

Regards,
Rahul

Rahul05
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Letter of Absences from ex employer

Post by Rahul05 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Awaiting responce.

Regards,
Rahul

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Seems unlikely a soft copy will be accepted or a colour printout.
Worst case just print and submit it.

I would try offer to pay for shipping or to even go to the company office to collect the hard copy of the letter. Do it to minimise risk of rejection as the documents say original is required.

Rahul05
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rahul05 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Thanks FaeLLe,

Could you please review based on the following:

1. The soft copy of the reference letter is sent in an email. I plan to print that email. The email mentions ‘ will not provide hard copy as per policy’
2. I am ready to pay for expenses. The HR department is offshore and they have said no as mentioned in the above point.
3. I also tried to visit UK local office and get someone in HR to attest the printout. They refused point blank.
4. I have written emails requesting for original hard copy OR attestation and still awaiting response.
I am trying my best but no success as yet.

Also, I would like to know the experts opinion about the content of the letter?

Thanks,
Rahul

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Frankly I don't think UKBA care about the circumstances and an email printout will not work for sure.

You are better off getting proof of travel like a letter from the airline certifying travel.

Rahul05
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rahul05 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Are we concluding the following:

No option but to use employer letter for annual leaves for T-1 General ILR, even when the number days out of the UK is less than 30 days in each year?

How does air tickets make the case strong, are they a better evidence than immigartion records?

Finally, what an individual can do, if the employer refuses to provide the letter?

unchained
Newly Registered

Post by unchained » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:33 am

First of all, your total absence in last 5 years are less than 180 so you don't have to worry this much.

Check this response from UKVI on a similar query: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _absence_l
It says "If you are unable to provide the letters required the reasons for not being able to provide these documents should be explained in a covering letter."

I'd recommend going ahead with the printed copy along with a cover letter and all correspondence related to their refusal for providing a hard copy. It shouldn't be a massive issue to be honest. Good luck.

Rahul05
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rahul05 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:38 am

TA unchained,

I had come across the link you posted. Intrestingly, may people I know have just ignored the section 6.3 in SET (o) and have got away without any document or explanation.

I do plan to rely on the link you have posted and try to have copy of all the correspondences.

One more query for you and others:

Wht do you think about the content of the letter.
I am a wee bit worried about these lines:
''Mr. ABC was a Permanent employee of ABC Limited from 4th Jan 2011 to 23rd May 2013
Mr. ABC was on a long term assignment with effect from 5th Jan 2011 in the''

Note: Employed from 4th but on UK assignment from 5th- 1 day gone missing. Fact is that I was in UK all that time.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:41 am

Rahul05 wrote: Wht do you think about the content of the letter.
I am a wee bit worried about these lines:
''Mr. ABC was a Permanent employee of ABC Limited from 4th Jan 2011 to 23rd May 2013
Mr. ABC was on a long term assignment with effect from 5th Jan 2011 in the''

Note: Employed from 4th but on UK assignment from 5th- 1 day gone missing. Fact is that I was in UK all that time.
Does this mean the company put wrong dates for days you were out of UK?
Is there no scope to get it corrected... perhaps you can send the HR a copy of immigration stamps in and out and give them a template with the correct content.

Rahul05
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rahul05 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:00 pm

They have mentioned my dates of absences from UK correctly. However, they hired me in the UK, but on deputation model. In there system they it shows I started working for them in UK from 5th, and they hired me on 4th. But in my HMRC employement history the date is 4th, also as per my immigration history (stamps on my passport) it is evident that I was in the UK on 4th.

I know it sounds a bit wiered, but that is what they have mentioned and have not chnaged it despite requests.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Rahul05 wrote:They have mentioned my dates of absences from UK correctly. However, they hired me in the UK, but on deputation model. In there system they it shows I started working for them in UK from 5th, and they hired me on 4th. But in my HMRC employement history the date is 4th, also as per my immigration history (stamps on my passport) it is evident that I was in the UK on 4th.

I know it sounds a bit wiered, but that is what they have mentioned and have not chnaged it despite requests.
To the best of my knowledge date of arrival does not have to be same as start date of employment.
In case of any queries just explain you were settling down or something.