ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 marriage interview, Help please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johal1
Newly Registered

EEA2 marriage interview, Help please

Post by johal1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi everyone, I applied for EEA2 as a married partner in May and had home office visit on September. We were sleeping they woke us and had chat with my wife in bedroom and had chat with me in living room. they told me that our marriage is sham and your visa going to be refused. after two weeks I got questionnaire about more info which we already gave them. after 2 weeks I got email about marriage interview. We have been in relationship since 2011 and I was overstayer for 9 months from early 2013 to late 2013. then I went back home and my wife then gf visited me. after that I went to Australia and got married there. I applied for Family permit which o got without hassle.
My questions are: I got FP very easily then why don't they believe us now, they let me in at airport then why they making too much fuss. we provided chat history calls and photos since 2011. Also can they detain me after that interview? I am so worried about that. they made our life hell thinking all the time about that. why home office affecting people's family life in such a bad way.

adedayoh

Re: EEA2 marriage interview, Help please

Post by adedayoh » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:52 pm

hi,

don't worry too much, my aunt had her interview today, they can't detain you after the interview. they will obviously ask you a lot of silly questions to try and ruffle ur feathers, just make sure your answers tally with your wifes.
make sure you remember key dates such as when u first met, when u decided to get married etc.

you will be fine, don't be intimidated because thats the whole idea

johal1
Newly Registered

Post by johal1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Adedayoh thank you very much for your reply. Can you tell me how long your aunt's interview lasted and did she take lawyer with her ? did your aunt's and uncle's answer matched 100%? Really appereciate help.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:27 pm

hi,
she was interviewed for about 3hrs while her husband was questioned for about an 1. yes they made them sign a letter before the interview that if the answers don't match her husband will be deported.

the answers matched and they let them go, at the end of the interview the immigration officer said they will be contacted shortly

johal1
Newly Registered

Post by johal1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:22 pm

hi,
3 hours are too long, I wonder how many questions shes been asked in 3 hours.