ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA application rejected

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Koko2015
Newly Registered

EEA application rejected

Post by Koko2015 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:45 am

Hi,

My retained residence application was rejected. The only reason is that one the date of divorce my former EEA spouse was not exercising treaty right in the UK. If I appeal, would I succeed?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: EEA application rejected

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 am

Koko2015 wrote:Hi,

My retained residence application was rejected. The only reason is that one the date of divorce my former EEA spouse was not exercising treaty right in the UK. If I appeal, would I succeed?

Thanks
If that reason is correct (ex-spouse was not in UK) then my understanding is you have no grounds for appeal.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Yasf

Post by Yasf » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks
Hi
When you apply for ROR
Thanks

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:53 am

If you can find what was exactly your ex spouse was doing on the time of divorce proceedings? She might be looking for job so if that's the situation you can show that she was looking for job that might help. Or did you not include anything about her spouse treaty rights on the time of divorce? And
When did you apply?
Did you go for interview?

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks
That is not quite right. The CJEU has ruled that the relevant period is the time the divorce proceedings were initiated.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Koko2015
Newly Registered

Post by Koko2015 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:25 am

Thanks Obie. When did the ruling become effective? What is the weblink for this ruling? If the former spouse was not exercising treaty rights in this country when the divorce proceeding is initialised, the non EEA national spouse can not retain her residence?