ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spelling mistake on my degree- Urgent Please advice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matlondon
Newly Registered

Spelling mistake on my degree- Urgent Please advice

Post by matlondon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Experts please advice:

I am applying for a Tier 2 visa, and need to claim 10 points for English Language.

My name has been mis- spelt on my degree certificate. The error is minor.. there is an extra 'N' added to my name.

- I have prepared a sworn affidavit with a notary in the UK, clarifying the incorrect spelling, and confirming that it is my name on the Degree Certificate.
- I am also getting a letter from my college in India, stating that I have successfully obtained my Bachelors Degree, and the medium of instruction was English, and the University has spelt my name incorrectly on the degree certificate.

Will the above 2 pieces of evidence suffice?

Or do I need to take an English test as well? - I would really not want to do that, as the next available dates for the tests are only in Jan, and takes 14 days for the results as well. I want to apply within the next week.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Spelling mistake on my degree- Urgent Please advice

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:23 pm

matlondon wrote:Will the above 2 pieces of evidence suffice?
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

matlondon
Newly Registered

Re: Spelling mistake on my degree- Urgent Please advice

Post by matlondon » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
matlondon wrote:Will the above 2 pieces of evidence suffice?
Yes.

Thank you for your prompt response. I was really stressing about this, because my lawyer was suggesting I do the test as there's a chance they would make a fuss about the typo in spite of the supporting documents. But I am more confident now, booked my PEO appt on 30th Dec, I hope it goes well.