ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional documents requested for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mrs.P

Additional documents requested for Naturalisation

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Dear All,

I applied for naturalisation on 6/9/15,through NCS Ealing,I received a letter from HO asking me for passport or documents to show my residence between 05/2013 to 08/2014. I am in trouble as I did not have a valid passport (expired may 2012) at the time and was not working or claiming benefits. My background is as follows:
Applied for Tier1 Entrepreneur 09/2012, refusal 05/2013, 1st and 2nd tierTribunal hearing 08/2013, and 03/2014, in the meantime I had completed 10 years LR, applied for ILR, which was granted 08/2014. My passport was held by the home office for the entire period of 09/2012 till 08/2014. I did not have a passport and did not travel during that time. I will appreciate any advice. Many Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Additional documents requested for Naturalisation

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:45 pm

But you have that passport with you now, right? Absence of any exit / entry stamps during the period in question is evidence of your presence in UK.

Other things that you may use:
1. Documents relating to appeal that was going on - evidence of applying, confirmation of appeal registration, confirmation of hearing etc. etc.
2. Bank statements during the period in question.
3. Letter from GP / hospital etc, if any.
4. Any communication from a government department / agency.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Mrs.P wrote:Dear All,

I applied for naturalisation on 6/9/15,through NCS Ealing,I received a letter from HO asking me for passport or documents to show my residence between 05/2013 to 08/2014. I am in trouble as I did not have a valid passport (expired may 2012) at the time and was not working or claiming benefits.

I did not have a passport and did not travel during that time. I will appreciate any advice. Many Thanks.
You can submit any other official or local/central government documents to show residence in UK;
eg from employment (- if any), study/education, tax office, council tax office, (job centre). hospital/doctor & etc.

You can also request a SAR from UKVI which may have details of any travel (entry/exit) via UK borders.
See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks very much for your replies. I was without a valid passport for that time period and my new passport was issued in oct 2014, I did not travel during that period, I will send along all the documents mentioned and do the request.