ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it risky applying for EC in first Quarter 2008 ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mideast Banker

Is it risky applying for EC in first Quarter 2008 ??

Post by Mideast Banker » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:35 pm

Hi Mates,

The approval I got is valid for six months from beg Nov till beg of May 08.
Given the expected changes in 2008, will these changes affect my EC application or no.

In other words: Will people who got HSMP approval be affected in their EC application if they apply after the expected changes in beg 2008 ?? :?: :?:

Your input is highly appreciated.

Best,

Mideast Banker

Any replies Folks!!!

Post by Mideast Banker » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Hi Frds,

Anyone can help

Thanks

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:34 pm

See, the last time things changed (Nov 7th, 2007), the HO had a provision for applicants before Nov 8th 2007. They had slightly different rules than an applicant applying after the change.

If an HSMP approval entitles you to apply within 6 months of approval, I am inclined to believe there will be some provisions for people caught in the switchover.

While all this seems logical, you never know. Whether it benefits or impairs a current applicants switchover is anyone's guess. My personal belief is it should have little effect, if ever.

Having said this, I hope I don't have to eat my words tomorrow!

Cheers.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:20 am

Logic would suggest that those with HSMP but not EC yet would have applications considered under the current rules, even if new ones are being introduced, or that there would be transitional measures.

However, the Home Office likes to change the rules and past experience suggests they also like to apply rules retrospectively.

Even if the rules applicable to you don't change, after January Case Workers will be trained in the new rules. The later you apply, the more likely they will start to forget the old ones or get confused - or you might get a new Case Worker who never had to apply the old rules before.

Unless you had a good reason, I'd be applying for my EC before the new rules come in!