ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR rules changing in april 2016?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tesha_villareal

Is ILR rules changing in april 2016?

Post by Tesha_villareal » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi i am planning to apply for ILR next year. I would like to ask if their is any changes in rules after april 2016?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Is ILR rules changing in april 2016?

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:48 pm

They won't be announced yet. Statement of changes to the Immigration Rules are usually published in February.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Changes to the Immigration Rules must be announced at least 40 days in advance (Section 3(2) of the Immigration Act 1971). And they can come in effect at any time, not necessarily on 6th April.

If you meant news of ILR fees, they are typically announced in the last week of February for the same reason (40 days notice).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Tesha_villareal

Post by Tesha_villareal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:03 am

To casa and secret.simon

Thank you for the time and the information.