ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: December 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:54 am

fielddrive wrote:
seagul wrote:
Hi fieldrive,
Your timeline is excellent. Does this Wandsworth ncs give all original documents returned on same day of appointment and are they professional in their service? Should the applicant bring photocopies too of the required documents??
It is what it is. Noone can claim to do anything that makes the process quicker or slower. Wandsworth folks are very professional and highly recommended.
solospy wrote:
Hi Seagul,

Whats wrong with my timeline :shock: Infact quicker 8)

Anyways my experience with wandsowrth NCS was very good. They are professional and listen to you as well. They will do all photocopies for you so you just need to bring your originals. They will handover the originals back to you.
Yea solospy yours was super quick... but looking at the timelines this year, spouses of British people always have better timelines than the rest of us :roll:

good luck!! :)
So no need to take any photocopies to them, only originals? 2ndly do they return original BRP & LIUK certificate to applicant too??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 pm

seagul wrote:So no need to take any photocopies to them, only originals?
Yes
seagul wrote:2ndly do they return original BRP & LIUK certificate to applicant too??
Yes to the BRP question and No to the LIUK (they might give you a copy of the LIUK certificate though)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:29 pm

CR001 wrote: No to the LIUK (they might give you a copy of the LIUK certificate though)
why they not give back original LIUK certificate :o :shock: :o :shock:

2ndly if somebody has UK achieved master degree then will naric/pbs print out will still need? if not then will degree certificate and transcript will be enough??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:46 pm

seagul wrote:why they not give back original LIUK certificate :o :shock: :o :shock:
Because you won't need it again once your citizenship is approved.
seagul wrote:2ndly if somebody has UK achieved master degree then will naric/pbs print out will still need? if not then will degree certificate and transcript will be enough??
No the UK masters degree should be sufficient to meet the English requirement.

Please continue your queries in your thread that you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by fielddrive » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Question for those who will do joint application (AN + Passport) together:

Which picture will go on the passport, from the biometrics or the printed version we send along with the docs?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:33 pm

fielddrive wrote:Question for those who will do joint application (AN + Passport) together:

Which picture will go on the passport, from the biometrics or the printed version we send along with the docs?
As far as I'm aware its the printed one we submit with the application. I recall asking the question from the NCS, when I was instructed to enter my mobile number under additional information section rather than the field for that in the passport form (I was asked to do this to avoid getting two biometric letters - one for AN & another for Passport, as the one biometric letter is all that's needed to verify identity for both the applications).

I applied through the Brent NCS & Passport pilot service, who were also very helpful & efficient. Looking at those who applied through this pilot scheme (different councils), in October, November & December, there's a clear pattern of quick acknowledgement, biometrics & fee deductions. But it remains to be seen whether any other part of the whole process will end up being more efficient.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:58 pm

cs95tdg wrote:As far as I'm aware its the printed one we submit with the application. I recall asking the question from the NCS, when I was instructed to enter my mobile number under additional information section rather than the field for that in the passport form (I was asked to do this to avoid getting two biometric letters - one for AN & another for Passport, as the one biometric letter is all that's needed to verify identity for both the applications).

I applied through the Brent NCS & Passport pilot service, who were also very helpful & efficient. Looking at those who applied through this pilot scheme (different councils), in October, November & December, there's a clear pattern of quick acknowledgement, biometrics & fee deductions. But it remains to be seen whether any other part of the whole process will end up being more efficient.

There might be a separate team in Liverpool just dealing with these new joint applications. I hope they approve them just as quick as they have gone through with the admin stuff but xmas period will surely put brakes on the processing speed inadvertently.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:09 pm

fielddrive wrote:There might be a separate team in Liverpool just dealing with these new joint applications. I hope they approve them just as quick as they have gone through with the admin stuff but xmas period will surely put brakes on the processing speed inadvertently.
Yes, agree on both counts. But I'm certainly happy that there is no waiting around for a delayed biometric letter, due to the initial efficiency of this scheme. The holiday period will be relaxing and enjoyable with the ability to travel with no worries around having to check the post.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:05 am

A new question that if someone has UK master degree and same was shown previously when got ILR then on naturalization form section of English language can the both question be selected that one relating to holding UK degree and second the requirements being met after 28th October, 2013.
Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:31 am

That's exactly what they did during my NCS, they checked both (UK degree+ILR > 2013)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:31 pm

fielddrive wrote:That's exactly what they did during my NCS, they checked both (UK degree+ILR > 2013)
Thanxs! How about photograph, is it the same passport sized like in ILR application? Is it one need and if passport size then why the box on form is very bigger when you glue it there?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 pm

seagul wrote:How about photograph, is it the same passport sized like in ILR application? Is it one need and if passport size then why the box on form is very bigger when you glue it there?
As indicated in the guidance it is a passport size photograph that required. I doubt anyone here would be able to tell you why the box in the form is bigger (may be its just a bad design of the AN form layout), it really doesn't matter. It would perhaps have been a problem if the box were too small to paste the required photo in - but that's not the case.

Follow the guidance given when completing the form, and you'll be fine.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:43 am

seagul wrote:
fielddrive wrote:That's exactly what they did during my NCS, they checked both (UK degree+ILR > 2013)
Thanxs! How about photograph, is it the same passport sized like in ILR application? Is it one need and if passport size then why the box on form is very bigger when you glue it there?
Don't worry about too many minor things... do as they say and as long as your photos meet criteria laid out by the HO, you will be fine.

MY NCS guys wrote notes all over the pages forget about sticking to the boxes laid out :shock:

habibre
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by habibre » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Can any one guide what to do ? I have applied on 06 November me and my wife( two application ) the fee deducted for both application 0n 2nd December and Acknowledgement letter dated 2nd December on letter for both application how ever biometrics letter dated 3rd Dec Only for my wife. I haven't received mine so far.

Can any one help?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Is there any law/discretion/loophole which extend the deadline of 21 days when the applicant is needed to book naturalization ceremony in circumstances when he is on holidays abroad/lost post of approval letter??

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:36 pm

@seagul you have between 2-3 months in most councils from the date of approval to book a ceremony

see excerpt from Brent council as an example
Arranging a ceremony date

When you receive your letter of approval from the Home Office, you should contact us at the register office to book your date. Once approved, we will send you a letter confirming the date and time of your ceremony.

You are required to attend a ceremony within 90 days of the approval being given otherwise you may have to make a new application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:14 pm

fielddrive wrote:@seagul you have between 2-3 months in most councils from the date of approval to book a ceremony

see excerpt from Brent council as an example
Arranging a ceremony date

When you receive your letter of approval from the Home Office, you should contact us at the register office to book your date. Once approved, we will send you a letter confirming the date and time of your ceremony.

You are required to attend a ceremony within 90 days of the approval being given otherwise you may have to make a new application.
The bolded statement in your post is incorrect. An applicant needs to contact the council to BOOK the ceremony within 21 days (not all Councils book the date for you). You have 90 days to ATTEND the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:14 am

so you are saying you could book a ceremony 3 months out but has to be done in 21 days. i must admit i havent come across the 21 days yet, where could i read more about it?

PS: this is what I found on Enfield council website:
You can book your appointment for a ceremony as soon as you receive your Home Office invitation letter. The Home Office asks that you contact us within 21 days from receipt of their letter, but don't worry as you can still book your ceremony after this time.
http://www.enfield.gov.uk/info/852/citi ... y_checking

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:12 am

@fielddrive
Me too not seen any official literature where 21 days deadline to book the ceremony is written rather everywhere its mentioned that it's compulsory to attend ceremony within 90 days. Even chapter 6 section 6.11.22 does not state anywhere the 21 days rather only mention 90 days and yes my question replied in this chapter which confirm that extension possible if you not get approval letter or ho/council send it wrong address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:16 am

I am quoting exactly what my approval letter from HO said, which was an approval/invitation letter in one. This requirement might have been relaxed in recent years, who know with HO.

Given that applicants are so impatient waiting for their approvals, why the issue about delaying booking your ceremony, good grief, just get on with it :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:53 am

I know a handful of people who waited to leave on extended breaks overseas so if they're away for a month or two, they could have missed out on the 21 day deadline.

Having said that, I know almost all of them nominated someone to keep an eye out on the post, which is what I assume most people would do anyway.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:08 am

That would be the most sensible thing to do fielddrive as the envelope as you can make a call from anywhere to book if you have the details on the letter. :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:01 am

I emailed same query to one of ncs council who given that reply:
Dear ...............

Thank you for your email. You're supposed to call your local council to book within 21 days, but you need to actually do the ceremony within 3 months. If you take longer than 21 days to contact your authority, nothing will happen to your certificate.

Kind regards,

Name Removed by Moderator
Nationality, Settlement & Citizenship Service Manager

patelmehulp1234
Newly Registered

Post by patelmehulp1234 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi everyone
Does anyone know in what time period does the biometric letter comes after the money gone from the account?
My fees gone from account on 17 the December but still waiting for the letter. It's a week now

Thanks
Mehul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:07 pm

patelmehulp1234 wrote:Hi everyone
Does anyone know in what time period does the biometric letter comes after the money gone from the account?
My fees gone from account on 17 the December but still waiting for the letter. It's a week now

Thanks
Mehul
Have you taken the time to read and look at the December Timeline thread? It is December, post is slow, people are on holiday.......
Char (CR001 not Casa)