ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS refund

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shaekakarim
India

IHS refund

Post by Shaekakarim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Hello everyone

I applied for my t1 ent extension on 28 August with 2 dependant.when I paid IHS they charge me 1800 instead of 1200. What I could assume that they will refund me rest of 600 later.I've done my biometric on 15th September . I got my bank statement on October where I found that I got refund 600 on 30 September . But after that since today there is no response from home office. Can anyone pls tell what can I do now. I told my solicitor about this. He said let the home office take further action ..it's not good to poke home office . Even I know this is not good. But I'm really tensed about the whole issue. Pls reply
Thanx

siavashes
Iran

Re: IHS refund

Post by siavashes » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Shaekakarim wrote:Hello everyone

I applied for my t1 ent extension on 28 August with 2 dependant.when I paid IHS they charge me 1800 instead of 1200. What I could assume that they will refund me rest of 600 later.I've done my biometric on 15th September . I got my bank statement on October where I found that I got refund 600 on 30 September . But after that since today there is no response from home office. Can anyone pls tell what can I do now. I told my solicitor about this. He said let the home office take further action ..it's not good to poke home office . Even I know this is not good. But I'm really tensed about the whole issue. Pls reply
Thanx
so what's your problem now? processing time or why they refunded you ? simply they took extra money and then they refunded I cant understand why you would have problem with that ?
if you have problem with processing time then thats different matter

Shaekakarim
India

Post by Shaekakarim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi siavasesh
In the acknowledgement letter Ho said within 8 weeks they will decide the result. But if they need extra time they will informe. But haven't got any further letter. Yes u can say that I'm bit worried about the processing time. Actually my mother in law is going to have a surgery. So my husband need to be with her. Getting the money refund was last thing from Ho . After that no response.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Wait patiently!
HO will communicate with you only when they have something to ask of you or when they have decided on your application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 am

Its really weired that u have not heard even after 4 months of initial application. I have not come across any extension case where it would have taken this long. But dont worry, u will hear back once they will make their decision. Hope for good.

Shaekakarim
India

Post by Shaekakarim » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 am

Hii meesha
I've got my biometric and aknowledgement on 12th september.done biometric on 15sept. Got partial refund of ihs on 30. I've seen in this forum someone was saying that they refund the money after the decision of visa. Thats why i was bit worried if my visa has been accepted or not... lot of confusion... pls everyone keep us in ur prayers...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Please don't worry.
An application could take longer when you case is complicated or when you have dependants. The refund from HO is correct given that you had to pay only £1200 for 3 individuals during extension and not £1800.
Good luck, Hope you hear the good news soon
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zain2cool
Newly Registered

Post by zain2cool » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:00 pm

If you get partial refund it means your application is approved , i think its in gov site ,,?

Shaekakarim
India

Post by Shaekakarim » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Zain2cool

Yes thats what i also saw in ukvi web. Thats why im more confused and worried about whats happening.
Thanx

solomondid
United Kingdom

Post by solomondid » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:50 pm

My friend got visa first and then the refund, as they need to see how much duration the visa has been approved for before processing refunds. I think your visa has been approved, however, this is just a speculation initiate contact now as they may have misplaced or sent it to the wrong address, which is quite likely. All the best and Happy new year!
Solomon

Shaekakarim
India

Post by Shaekakarim » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:06 pm

solomondid wrote:My friend got visa first and then the refund, as they need to see how much duration the visa has been approved for before processing refunds. I think your visa has been approved, however, this is just a speculation initiate contact now as they may have misplaced or sent it to the wrong address, which is quite likely. All the best and Happy new year!
Hii solomondid
Could u pls tell me the entire visa processing time of ur friend. I asked my solicitor. He was saying its not good to knock ho before result. Pls for me . I hope what ur saying about my visa becomes true accept they have misplaced or delivered in wrong address.thanx

yyyekj
Newly Registered

Post by yyyekj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Shaekakarim wrote:
solomondid wrote:My friend got visa first and then the refund, as they need to see how much duration the visa has been approved for before processing refunds. I think your visa has been approved, however, this is just a speculation initiate contact now as they may have misplaced or sent it to the wrong address, which is quite likely. All the best and Happy new year!
Hii solomondid
Could u pls tell me the entire visa processing time of ur friend. I asked my solicitor. He was saying its not good to knock ho before result. Pls for me . I hope what ur saying about my visa becomes true accept they have misplaced or delivered in wrong address.thanx
Hi,
Do you have any updates to share after your IHS partially refunded and no further response from HO for very long time?
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:56 pm

yyyekj wrote:Hi,
Do you have any updates to share after your IHS partially refunded and no further response from HO for very long time?
Thanks!
Can you please stop flooding the forum with your question on the IHS refund issue in each topic you find. You have started your own topic and received a response already.

Please see Multiple Posting (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yyyekj
Newly Registered

Post by yyyekj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
yyyekj wrote:Hi,
Thanks!
Can you please stop flooding the forum with your question on the IHS refund issue in each topic you find. You have started your own topic and received a response already.

Please see Multiple Posting (click)
Oh sorry. Just trying to find the answer with the people had same issue.