ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC - file dependent visa together or later ??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

EC - file dependent visa together or later ??

Post by wanna_bee » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:15 am

Hi All ,

I will be applying for EC - HSMP soon from Bangalore, India. I have dependents: wife and 2-year old son. I plan to go to UK first , secure a job and house and then get them both to UK.

In this regard , I was wondering if it makes sense to:-
file for their visa with mine now
or
just file for my visa now and do their visa later after I go to UK and get a job.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each approach ?

Experienced people , please share your experiences in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
wanna_bee

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:11 pm

Well, it's individual's decision.

I have a famlily of 2 kids, but I didn't process my family visa along with mine. I am going to process it now. My personal experience is that it's easier if you apply for all together. Because once you are in UK and applying for family visa, you have to show accommodation proof, UK payslips, UK bank statements..

I would suggest, if you are planning to bring your family within 1-2 months of your arrival to UK, then better you apply their visa with you. But if you can wait for 3-4 months then, UK can process their visa later.

Again, it's your choice.

Thanks,
Vikas