ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to write administrative review for Tier 2 general visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

How to write administrative review for Tier 2 general visa?

Post by Helloeonomist » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello experts!

I have been refused tier 2 general visa. I believe the visa processing was done under a wrong job type (from table 11b of appendix A of the immigration rules, and resident labour market test was considered invalid. Now I want to contest the decision and fill out the administrative review request form. Please guide me if I can use type (print) my answer instead of writing down by hand? And if my statement is longer than the box given on the admin review request form, may I use the next box (after crossing the next header)?

My questions may look trivial to you but I just wanted to make sure that everything is in order (you get only one chance for filing a review!). Thank you in advance.

H.economist.

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Re: how long will administrative review take?!!!!

Post by Helloeonomist » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:27 am

Hello
I applied for AR for tier 2 general visa on 15 November and waiting to hear for outcome. I know the stipulated time frame for this process is 28 days, however due to very pressing circumstances (may lead to exit from present job) I need to know status of my application and update my current employer. This is very unusual situation which has put me and my family under enormous stress. Please let me know if
1) It is allowed to contact AR team (keeping in view that i have filed the application already)?
2) If yes, what are the contact details?

Hope to hear from this forum. Thanks in advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: how long will administrative review take?!!!!

Post by iworker » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:36 am

has your fee been deducted for AR? if yes, has it been refunded? normally, when home office realize they have made a mistake, they correct it and return the fee. the returning of fee is generally a good indication that u would have your docs back soon.

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Out-of-country Admin Review (Time and contact)

Post by Helloeonomist » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Hello
I am an out-of-country tier 2 general visa applicant. Got refusal for timing of advertisement. Case officer processed visa application under a different head than the one mentioned on the CoS. Based on this understanding, I applied for Admin Review on 15 November and waiting to hear the outcome.

I know the stipulated time frame for this process is 28 days, however due to very pressing circumstances (may lead to exit from present job) I need to know status of my application and update my current employer. This is very unusual situation which has put me and my family under enormous stress. I need your guidance here. Please let me know if

1) It is possible/allowed to contact AR team?
2) If yes, where can I find contact details?

Hope to hear from this forum. Thanks in advance.

Economics Professor

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Out-of-country Admin Review (Time and contact)

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:20 pm

There is no "AR" team. Anyone within the EC team can conduct an AR - it usually someone not involved in deciding the application initially.
Your best bet is to contact the ECO at the local high commission and explain your situation.

Don't be surprised if you are told that your current professional predicament is nothing that HO can be bothered about (in other words, your request is simply ignored).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Re: How to write administrative review for Tier 2 general vi

Post by Helloeonomist » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:14 am

Thank you for your reply.

Along with the refusal letter came a form (review request form) with an email printed on it. I filled the form and sent it through and received an automatic generated reply from Sheffield office.

Before writing on this forum, I sent an email on the help line to apprise them of my complex situation. Called them as well. They have a bla answer to my situation and advised that i need to wait for four weeks. They say that they have no tracking system to find out where the review application is and how long it would take to finish the review process.

Under these circumstances, do you still advise that I should approach local ECO? Please note that I am residing in Abu Dhabi and VFS Global is the documents collection agency (there is no direct contact between the applicant and the visa section of the embassy).

The stress continues to mount from present employer's side. Really really need to get an update on my AR request!!!

Hope there is a way to find out (1) where my application is? (2) if i am allowed to approach the reviewer? and (3) if I can request them to expedite the case?

Thank you again.

H.E.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:41 am

In the past, AR was conducted by the local ECO teams. Hence, I had suggested that you contact the local High Commission.
If the workflow has changed in the recent past and ARs are now processed any differently within the HO, no one here will have knowledge of that.

VFS has nothing to do with any immigration application (other than passing them from the client to the local High Commission). The best they may be of help is provide you with the visa enquiry email ID of your local high commission.

I have never heard or come across a case where an AR was expedited due to personal reasons.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Post by Helloeonomist » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:47 am

Thank you for your reply. I am very disappointed at the moment. There is no way to get contact details of VFS and BHC (for dealing with visa related enquires).

This AR process is a complete black box! As an applicant I have no clue where my papers are, who is working on it, what is the status update, how much time they would take before they finish the review work???? It took months to win the position through a very competitive process, then cos was issued after a delay and now review process is stone walling. I may sound very dejected but the fact is I am at the brink of losing my existing job.

Wish HO offers some way to approach the ECO/ECM dealing with your case.

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Post by Helloeonomist » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:32 pm

On a quick note, just wanted to know if the admin review processing time is 28 working days or calendar days?

Hope to get a reply on this! Thanks and regards.

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Post by Helloeonomist » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 am

Bringing this query again.....

How much time needs to be allowed for admin review process? Is it 28 working days or 28 calendar days. I am at the brink of catching/losing job; every single day counts for me. Hope somebody replies to my msg.

Thanks.

amberpinkz
Newly Registered

Post by amberpinkz » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:32 am

hi helloeconimist!

have you got any update on your administrative review? by, did you pass the review request notice by mail or did you sent it through email?

I'm in the same situation as you. I just received a refusal entry clearance. The ECO claims that my CoS number is not recognized. Might be because my application was not forwarded to the Channel Islands/IOM and he just checked it in the UK system.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Post by Helloeonomist » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:02 pm

hello amberpinkz, i sent my AR via email (came with visa refusal letter). still waiting to hear the outcome of AR! fingers crossed!! this process is extremely taxing!

chl_9208
Newly Registered

Post by chl_9208 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Helloeonomist wrote:hello amberpinkz, i sent my AR via email (came with visa refusal letter). still waiting to hear the outcome of AR! fingers crossed!! this process is extremely taxing!
Hi Helloeonomist,

Have you got any update on your case? I am planning to go through an AR after refusal on my Tier 2 extension but not sure about the chance to win the case.

Your experience is very valuable to people like myself.

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:34 am

Helloeonomist wrote:On a quick note, just wanted to know if the admin review processing time is 28 working days or calendar days?
Ask for an administrative review wrote:You’ll usually receive the result of the administrative review within 28 days.
Probably calendar days. However, note the word usually. So, it may be more or less.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Helloeonomist
Newly Registered

Post by Helloeonomist » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:42 am

AR was concluded successfully in my favor. The operational mistake was covered by institutional strength.

Vinny, you are right; AR time is 28 calendar days. I received my decision within stated time.

Thanks to Immigrationboard, especially to those who replied to my queries on this board.

anjvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: How to write administrative review for Tier 2 general visa?

Post by anjvi » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 am

Helloeonomist wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:50 pm
Hello experts!

I have been refused tier 2 general visa. I believe the visa processing was done under a wrong job type (from table 11b of appendix A of the immigration rules, and resident labour market test was considered invalid. Now I want to contest the decision and fill out the administrative review request form. Please guide me if I can use type (print) my answer instead of writing down by hand? And if my statement is longer than the box given on the admin review request form, may I use the next box (after crossing the next header)?

My questions may look trivial to you but I just wanted to make sure that everything is in order (you get only one chance for filing a review!). Thank you in advance.

H.economist.

I HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM. MY TIER 2 VISA IS REFUSED DUE TO RLMT WAS CONSIDERED INVALID. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP WITH PROCEDURE/JUSTIFICATION USED IN YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW. MANY THANKS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to write administrative review for Tier 2 general visa?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:43 pm

anjvi wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 am
I HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM. MY TIER 2 VISA IS REFUSED DUE TO RLMT WAS CONSIDERED INVALID. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP WITH PROCEDURE/JUSTIFICATION USED IN YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW. MANY THANKS.
Please start your own topic with your circumstances, exact refusal wording etc.instead of digging up topics that are almost 3 years old. The OP in this topic has not logged in to the forum for more than 2 years.

Also kindly refrain from posting in CAPITAL letters, it is difficult to read and equivalent to shouting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.