ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liquidweb15
Newly Registered

Query regarding Naturalisation

Post by liquidweb15 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi All,

I would be grateful to receive some guidance and advice on this as I am struggling to find reliable information.

My situation is a bit like this:

1) Married to EEA and received EEA(PR)/BRP in October 2015

2) While I was waiting for my EEA(PR) to be processed, my wife had applied for her BC and by God's grace received a confirmation back in July 2015. She is currently a BC.

My question is can I apply for Naturalisation as a spouse of a British citizen, since I have BRP to prove my permanent resident status or do I have to wait till November 2016 to apply for British Citizenship? I am using the fact that spouse of a BC needs to be in the country for 3 years and need to hold permanent residency status.

Much appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query regarding Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:23 pm

My question is can I apply for Naturalisation as a spouse of a British citizen, since I have BRP to prove my permanent resident status
Yes you can apply if you meet all the standard requirements of the 3 years residence and meet the stringent good character requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

liquidweb15
Newly Registered

Post by liquidweb15 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
My question is can I apply for Naturalisation as a spouse of a British citizen, since I have BRP to prove my permanent resident status
Yes you can apply if you meet all the standard requirements of the 3 years residence and meet the stringent good character requirement.
Hi CR001, thanks a lot for such a quick response. I am going for it and will keep you all posted on my progress :)

liquidweb15
Newly Registered

Post by liquidweb15 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your help. Received my BC approval yesterday. Thanks again for all your help in EEA(PR) and then BC application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Congratulations, very happy for you and thank you for updating us.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

liquidweb15
Newly Registered

Post by liquidweb15 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:52 pm

CR001 wrote:Congratulations, very happy for you and thank you for updating us.
Thanks CR001. You guys are doing an amazing service for all. Hats off !!! And what a day to receive my British Passport... They day we had our first Asian Mayor in London !!!!