ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics approval notification

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Biometrics approval notification

Post by polymerguy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Hello to everyone,

All timelines for Tier 2 extension application have a date of biometric approval shortly after the biometric enrolment. Could somebody advice how the applicant will be notified (post, email, etc.)?
I looked at this post: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... -1400.html

many thanks,

yaro

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometrics approval notification

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Biometric Residence cards are delivered by DX Couriers. You will likely get a letter by post from HO about your application outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:42 am

CR001 wrote:Biometric Residence cards are delivered by DX Couriers. You will likely get a letter by post from HO about your application outcome.
Dear Char,

thank you for reply. In all posts in the link above Date of the biometric approval is shown earlier than the Date of reception of the BRP. Basically it is two different dates. For example:
"16. Date of biometric enrolment: 11/11/2015
17. Date of approval: 11/12/2015
18. Date of return of passport and other documents: 16/12/2015
19. Date (new) leave to remain valid until: 24/10/2018
20. Date BRP received: 16/12/2015"
Therefore could you please explain how can I find out the "Date of approval"?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:06 pm

polymerguy wrote:
CR001 wrote:Biometric Residence cards are delivered by DX Couriers. You will likely get a letter by post from HO about your application outcome.
Dear Char,

thank you for reply. In all posts in the link above Date of the biometric approval is shown earlier than the Date of reception of the BRP. Basically it is two different dates. For example:
"16. Date of biometric enrolment: 11/11/2015
17. Date of approval: 11/12/2015
18. Date of return of passport and other documents: 16/12/2015
19. Date (new) leave to remain valid until: 24/10/2018
20. Date BRP received: 16/12/2015"
Therefore could you please explain how can I find out the "Date of approval"?

Regards
I don't understand your question. If you have date of approval as highlighted above, what exactly are you looking for???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:57 pm

[/quote]
I don't understand your question. If you have date of approval as highlighted above, what exactly are you looking for???[/quote]

Dear Char,

sorry for being unclear. The timeline that I have posted is not mine, therefore I added "for example". I have only done my biometrics. I was wondering about the approval notification because I am awaiting for it... So I will try once more: should applicant receive the approval mail prior of receiving back the submitted documents and BRP?

many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Should you? Perhaps but depends on how efficient Royal Mail is during those days.
Will you? No one on the forum can tell you so take an educated guess instead!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:45 pm

And, no one has ever recieved a "Biometrics approval notification" as there is no such thing!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:And, no one has ever recieved a "Biometrics approval notification" as there is no such thing!!
Dear sushdmehta,

thank you for your time and consideration. I think I confused forum members and myself ;) I am not expecting any "biometrics approval", not any more. The "approval" posted in the timelines of other members is more likely the approval of their application (that it has been processed). In other words the "approval" is not related to the "biometrics" ;) And by looking at the recent timelines (oct - dec 2015) one can see that the step between "date of biometrics enrolment" and "date of approval" does take time (around 1 month). So the word "shortly" has to be removed from my original question. I will just wait for the reply from the UKVI...

All the best,
yaro