ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wambam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by wambam » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:54 pm

rashadjee wrote:Why do you require a refund at such an early stage?
Definitely don't want a refund. Was just wondering about the process.

aadi90

Post by aadi90 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:10 pm

Ihs refund disappearing theory is for those applicants who applied before july
Visa Timeline
Married: 13/10/2014
Online Application: 26/08/2015
Biometric @ Karachi: 28/08/2015
Documents Received @ Sheffield: 08/09/2015
Confirmation email from Sheffield : 19/09/2015
RFC: 18/12/2015
Alhamdolillah Visa Granted!!!!

Worried about review

Post by Worried about review » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:21 pm

[quote="Ramaye"]Hi Guys,

So I am literally towards the end, waiting so eagerly and stressed as you can imagine. Sent home office an email for a status update and they replied;

" application is still under process. 12 weeks not yet passed - Sheffield

I'm assuming the 21'st marks the end date for the waiting period which is next Monday but worried due to Christ mas coming the response is going to be delayed :( Do they

Online: 22/09/2015
Biometrics: 29/09/2015 Lahore
Received at Sheffield: 01/10/2015
Status update 17/10/2015: " application is still under process. 12 weeks not yet passed

Anyone know how long it could possibly take now? :(

Thank you[/ii
Don't know,I recieved delay email too

Worried about review

Post by Worried about review » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:33 pm

aadi90 wrote:By the grace of the Almighty, Alhamdolillah my hubby received his passport today with the visa.

Whoever is waiting stay strong and do not worry about delay emails its all backlog.
Congratulations did you recieved delay email before visa
3rd application
Online application :09 September 2016
Biomatric :12September
documents sent :14 September
Recieved online application confirmation email:16 September
Waiting patiently ,may Allah give me visa this time

Remington
Newly Registered

Post by Remington » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Remington wrote:Hello Everyone.

Just put in my application this week. I wanted to give an update on something new. During the Biometrics I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the priority service has been started for Pakistan too which enables you to jump the queue for settlement visa's by paying an extra PKR 62,000. This fee is collected cash at the bank counter inside the VAC. They don't confirm the exact timeline but do confirm that your application will be processed before other non-priority settlement applications.
Hi,

So I wanted to give a quick update to everyone regarding my application progress. Since I have been reading this forum for quite some time, I know some of the things I am going to state here will be of interest to a lot of current/future applicants.

Background
1. I applied on the basis of my wife who is a British Citizen.
2. I applied on the basis of sole cash savings in our account held in a bank in Pakistan.
3. My wife and I had been living together in Pakistan since our marriage in 2010.
4. My wife moved to the UK in July in order to get an apartment in preparation for my application.

The interesting part:

1. I completed my application online on 13th October 2015.
2. Visa application fee was PKR 162,520.00 and IHS payment was PKR 102,000.00. Both paid from a Pakistani debit card.
3. Bio metrics were done in Lahore VAC on 20th October 2015.
4. I got the priority service (NOT the same as the priority lounge service).
5. The priority service was PKR 62,000.00 paid in cash at the time of biometrics at VAC, this entitled me to jump the queue as per the stated text on the confirmation letter they give however a timeline is still not defined.
6. I sent all the documents to my wife in the UK in order for her to forward them to Sheffield. She sent the documents onwards and were recvd at Sheffield office on 2nd November 2015.
7. On 3rd December 2015 I put in a status check inquiry via https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/. I got a reply the same day stating a decision has been made. This confirms that the priority service indeed works since a decision was made in approximately 1 and a half month since Biometrics and almost a month since receipt of docs at Sheffield. My wife got the documents back on 5th December, all the documents were in order however we had sent about 100 pictures and only got back 25. None of the other documents were missing. However I would like to point out that I had organized the documents in 4 types of sets. 2 of the sets were not even opened, as they had been arranged in a specific manner and from the way they were sent back it was clear they had not even been reviewed.
8. After not getting a call/email for passport collection I put in an escalation via the above link on 10th December 2015.
9. The next day on 11th December 2015 I got an sms confirming my application had been processed, 30 minutes after that I got a call from the LHR VAC asking me to collect my passport.
10. I had given a travel date of 1st March 2016. I got a 30 initial visa with travel authorized between 29th January 2016 to 28th February 2016. The passport was accompanied with a decision letter which stated that the spouse visa application had been successful and had the BRP collection information.
11. On 15th December 2015 I got a response to my escalation query as follows:

I understand you have been waiting for long and apologise for any
inconveniences. We have received a response from the decision making
centre, following your request for information on the status of your visa
application which states as follows:

" applicant should wait for visa application centre contact if no contact
in one week contact vac directly. ". You are requested to be patient and
wait for the processing to be completed.

However I had already got my passport 4 days ago, so clearly there is a lag between the different departments within the UKVI.

12.Just FYI till date I have not received any email stating my application has been concluded.

I would like to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences, it has been a pleasure. If there are any queries or questions I will be glad to answer them to the best of my abilities.

wambam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wambam » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Remington wrote:

Just put in my application this week. I wanted to give an update on something new. During the Biometrics I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the priority service has been started for Pakistan too which enables you to jump the queue for settlement visa's by paying an extra PKR 62,000. This fee is collected cash at the bank counter inside the VAC. They don't confirm the exact timeline but do confirm that your application will be processed before other non-priority settlement applications.
Hi,

So I wanted to give a quick update to everyone regarding my application progress. Since I have been reading this forum for quite some time, I know some of the things I am going to state here will be of interest to a lot of current/future applicants.
Hey, I've applied on Category D alone basis as well. Also availed the priority service. Your positive experience gives a lot of hope.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone. Congrats to those who successfully got their visa and good luck to them who are waiting.

I am due to getting married in February and i need some information with regards to apply visa for my Mrs.

Currently i am working and my earning is £29000 per year. I started working for this company in August this year, So my 6 months wage slips will be mature in February 2016.

1)I have got all my wage slips along with bank statements. The company i work for they pay 15 days wage accrued and 15 days advance, it means i got wage in my bank account on 15th of every month but they give us wage slip date of end of the month like 30th or 31th.. Will that be fine or am i going to have any issue?

2) I am renting the house from the housing association but i do pay them full rent. I never claimed any benefit in my life. To rent house from housing association will thaot be issue?

3) Is ielts general ok to for my Mrs ?

4) Do i need any maintenance?

5) How to get register the NIkkah Nama in pakistan?

Please advice on those issues.

Thanks

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:01 pm

wambam wrote:
Remington wrote:

Hi,

Hey, I've applied on Category D alone basis as well. Also availed the priority service. Your positive experience gives a lot of hope.
What documents you send?

wambam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wambam » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:10 pm

hassan5805 wrote:
wambam wrote:
What documents you send?
Section 1: Forms
1. Application Form
2. VAF4A Appendix 2
3. Applicant Photos
Section 2: English Language Requirements
1. UK NARIC – English Language Assessment (Letter)
2. UK NARIC – Statement of Comparability (Letter)
3. Medium of Instruction Letter from Education Institution
4. Original Degree Award from Education Institution
5. UK NARIC – English Language Assessment (Certificate)
6. UK NARIC – Statement of Comparability (Certificate)
Section 3: TB Test Certificate
1. TB Test Certificate
Section 4: Financial Requirements
1. Bank Account Opening Letter – Applicant / Sponsor (Joint Account)
2. 6 Month Bank Statement
Section 5: Accommodation Requirements
1. House Inspection Certificate
2. Attested Copy of Property Deed (Attested/Notorised)
3. No Objection Letter from Parent
4. Photos/Description of Property
Section 6: Sponsor's Documents
1. Copy of UK Passport (Attested/Notorised)
2. Original Birth Certificate
3. Copy of Teaching Assistant Level 3 Certificate (Attested/Notorised)
Section 7: Applicant / Sponsor Relationship
1. Original Marriage Certificate (Nikah Nama)
2. Airline Boarding Passes
3. Travel Itineraries
4. Hotel Booking / Vouchers
5. Skype / Google Hangout / Whatsapp – Call / Chat History
6. Family Photos
Section 8: Other Documents
1. Copy of Applicant Family Visitor Visa
2. Copy of Kids (Ahmad & Mekaal) UK Passport
3. Proof of Financial Support to Family
4. Applicant Employment Certificate (Proof of Source of Income & Savings)

aadi90

Post by aadi90 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Worried about review wrote:
aadi90 wrote:By the grace of the Almighty, Alhamdolillah my hubby received his passport today with the visa.

Whoever is waiting stay strong and do not worry about delay emails its all backlog.
Yes we did get a case not straightforward official delay email. It took us a total of 70working days for a decision
Visa Timeline
Married: 13/10/2014
Online Application: 26/08/2015
Biometric @ Karachi: 28/08/2015
Documents Received @ Sheffield: 08/09/2015
Confirmation email from Sheffield : 19/09/2015
RFC: 18/12/2015
Alhamdolillah Visa Granted!!!!

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 am

Just a quick question! Does anyone know if BHC or Gerrys will be opening through the Christmas period? My wife visa has been processed and completed as of 10th December 2015 but to date we have not received the official email neither have we received a call from Gerrys! There has been NO REFUND of the IHS fee yet! We are just so worried as its now 22 weeks since the date of Biometrics.... Please do dua!!!
Online Application: 16/07/2015
Biometrics: 28/07/2015
Delayed Email Received: 13/09/2015
Escalated: 01/10/2015
Escalted: 23/11/2015
VISA GRANTED: 23/12/2015!!!!

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:01 pm

rashadjee wrote:Just a quick question! Does anyone know if BHC or Gerrys will be opening through the Christmas period? My wife visa has been processed and completed as of 10th December 2015 but to date we have not received the official email neither have we received a call from Gerrys! There has been NO REFUND of the IHS fee yet! We are just so worried as its now 22 weeks since the date of Biometrics.... Please do dua!!!
I am in a similar situation as you, I emailed the Mirpur VAC, and the manager replied to me on the 17th that they are still waiting for Islamabad High Commission to send the passport to them. I only found out decision was made on 10th December, after constantly emailing UKVI and a women called Debi, was responding to my emails. . Today I have emailed them again, to see what is taking so long, its not as long as you, but im getting a bit worried now too.

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Do u have the email address for Mirpur VAC.?

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:19 pm

rashadjee wrote:Do u have the email address for Mirpur VAC.?
The Mirpur VAC is mirpurvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Hope it helps you bro and may you be granted a visa soon :) in sha Allah

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Thankyou brother.... I am so frustrated!!! Have you had the official email yet?

BilalPathan786

Post by BilalPathan786 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Just a quick update on my case, I've had an email to say "case is not straightforward".

Anyone had a similar email?

So frustrating :cry:

Newuser662
Newly Registered

Post by Newuser662 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi All,

Basically I was wondering once visa is approved or rejected or whatever the status may be who finds out first? And in which order does the sequence occur? I.e collection of passport, when I receive documents, when they notify her, when do I get notified and how.

Online Application: 05/11/2015
Docs Sent: 09/11/2015
Biometric: 12/11/2015
Spouse Received text in Pakistan that visa application was forwarded to UKVI: 12/11/2015
I received email that online application has been received in Sheffield: 13/11/2015

Not sure how to add all this as my signature so it always appears

Any help would be appreciated, Jazakallah

May Allah reunite you all with your spouses soon, ameen

BilalPathan786

Post by BilalPathan786 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi, to add signature.

- User Control Panel (Top left)

- Edit Signature

BilalPathan786

Post by BilalPathan786 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:51 pm

Newuser662 wrote:Hi All,

Basically I was wondering once visa is approved or rejected or whatever the status may be who finds out first? And in which order does the sequence occur? I.e collection of passport, when I receive documents, when they notify her, when do I get notified and how.

Online Application: 05/11/2015
Docs Sent: 09/11/2015
Biometric: 12/11/2015
Spouse Received text in Pakistan that visa application was forwarded to UKVI: 12/11/2015
I received email that online application has been received in Sheffield: 13/11/2015

Not sure how to add all this as my signature so it always appears

Any help would be appreciated, Jazakallah

May Allah reunite you all with your spouses soon, ameen
Hi, I think people on here have had the process in so many different ways, but, it should be like this -

- You receive an email from UKVI to advise the case has been decided
- Documents should then on the way back to you
- Spouse needs to await a call from VAC asking them to come and collect their passport and decision - in theory this should be within a couple of days of the email you receive but i've seen from other posts that this can be up to a couple of weeks after.
- Spouse collects passport and decision

So basically you should find out first that a decision has been made but your spouse will find out first what the decision is.

Hope this helps

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:05 pm

rashadjee wrote:Thankyou brother.... I am so frustrated!!! Have you had the official email yet?
WE need have sabr, but yes it is frustrating, I had to go through the stress of Royal Mail "losing" my delivery, they didnt track it, and we waited and waited to find out if it had reached Sheffield, and only last week I found out when documents came back. Ive claimed compensation from Royal Mail now for stress etc.

No I have not, had official email, just had emails from UKVI filling that form and they told me it was decided on the 10th of December

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:28 pm

I had PM you. Please respond.

Worried about review

Post by Worried about review » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:43 pm

aadi90 wrote:
Worried about review wrote:

Yes we did get a case not straightforward official delay email. It took us a total of 70working days for a decision
Did you apply with one or two job
3rd application

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 am

Salam brothers and sisters. Quick question for people who have had a call from Gerrys. Is the number you receive the call from a local number or mobile number? Reason I ask is my wife ignores a lot of mobile numbers that call her because they are just stupid boys who are guessing numbers, but I don't want her to miss a call from Gerrys Mirpur.

Can anyone share their experience?
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:51 am

rashadjee wrote:I had PM you. Please respond.
Ive replied but dont know if you got it bro

Worried about review

Post by Worried about review » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:23 pm

bas0508 wrote:
rashadjee wrote:Thankyou brother.... I am so frustrated!!! Have you had the official email yet?
WE need have sabr, but yes it is frustrating, I had to go through the stress of Royal Mail "losing" my delivery, they didnt track it, and we waited and waited to find out if it had reached Sheffield, and only last week I found out when documents came back. Ive claimed compensation from Royal Mail now for stress etc.

No I have not, had official email, just had emails from UKVI filling that form and they told me it was decided on the 10th of December
Omg bro how can they make a decision without checking your documents at least they should ask first about documents ,it's strange ,don't worry bro Allah make it easy for you
3rd application