ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration of unsuccessful naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gloriaa
Newly Registered

Reconsideration of unsuccessful naturalization application

Post by Gloriaa » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:20 am

How long does it take UKVI (UKBA) to reconsider an unsuccessful British citizenship application please?

I applied for naturalization in November 2012. My application was refused due to an unspent immigration conviction (failure to produce an immigration document when first arrived in the UK in 2006), and I was told by the UKVI (UKBA previously) that any further application will be refused for period of 10 years as I did not declare the conviction on the application form.

However, in October 2014 I appealed to the Court against the conviction (Not against the naturalization), and my appeal was successful. So the conviction has been quashed.

In November 2014, I wrote to the UKVI that the conviction, which I failed to declare, has been overturned (quashed). I provided evidence to support my claim and the UKVI accepted to reconsider it again ,the same application which was refused in 2012, without having to pay further fees.

I have now been waiting for 8 months since the UKVI accepted to reconsider my application. Any ideas of how log will it take for this to conclude? Or, any similar story to this?

Your replay will be immensely appreciated. Thank you.

noajthan

Re: Reconsideration of unsuccessful naturalization applicati

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Gloriaa wrote:How long does it take UKVI (UKBA) to reconsider an unsuccessful British citizenship application please?

I applied for naturalization in November 2012. My application was refused due to an unspent immigration conviction (failure to produce an immigration document when first arrived in the UK in 2006), and I was told by the UKVI (UKBA previously) that any further application will be refused for period of 10 years as I did not declare the conviction on the application form.

However, in October 2014 I appealed to the Court against the conviction (Not against the naturalization), and my appeal was successful. So the conviction has been quashed.

In November 2014, I wrote to the UKVI that the conviction, which I failed to declare, has been overturned (quashed). I provided evidence to support my claim and the UKVI accepted to reconsider it again ,the same application which was refused in 2012, without having to pay further fees.

I have now been waiting for 8 months since the UKVI accepted to reconsider my application. Any ideas of how log will it take for this to conclude? Or, any similar story to this?

Your replay will be immensely appreciated. Thank you.
Suggest it's time to bring in big guns & contact your MP.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:35 am

Apply for Reconsideration 17/06/15
after 2 month on august contact my MP,
MP get response from H/O 'his application was refuse in Good Character'
He apply for Reconsideration on 17/06/15 which with 3-6 month.

my 6 month is over now, did contact with my solicitor he draft a letter to send H/O

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 am

Hi,

there is no timeline for reconsideration unfortunately:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ation_time

I am also one of the unlucky ones waiting for reconsideration (27th July 2015)
all is well that ends well