ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TAX Returns amendments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

f317633

Re: TAX Returns amendments

Post by f317633 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:24 am

bluecandi wrote:HMRC will take atleast 3-4 weeks to upload them on the system and then there is waiting game.

Bcz its Christmas so things will be delayed so dont expect anything soon.
Thanks Bluecandi for your response. So I should be rest assured that it will be dealt with after that. I was not amused as the agent on the phone said that it is not yet uploaded on the system as received yet. But Royal Mail confirms that it has been delivered.

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:31 am

f317633 wrote:
bluecandi wrote:HMRC will take atleast 3-4 weeks to upload them on the system and then there is waiting game.

Thanks Bluecandi for your response. So I should be rest assured that it will be dealt with after that. I was not amused as the agent on the phone said that it is not yet uploaded on the system as received yet. But Royal Mail confirms that it has been delivered.
BX9 1AS address is central address for all the incoming posts related to self assessment. They are then opened in chronological order and then allocated to relevant department. All this process could take anything between 2-10 weeks. Patience is virtue however after 10 weeks patience will turn into poison i can tell you that :lol: ...

f317633

Post by f317633 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:39 am

bluecandi wrote:
f317633 wrote:

BX9 1AS address is central address for all the incoming posts related to self assessment. They are then opened in chronological order and then allocated to relevant department. All this process could take anything between 2-10 weeks. Patience is virtue however after 10 weeks patience will turn into poison i can tell you that :lol: ...
My amendment was sent to the Cardiff address.

HM Revenue and Customs - Self Assessment
PO Box 4000
Cardiff
CF14 8HR

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:53 am

f317633 wrote:I sent my 2010-11 amendments on 14th of Dec by next day delivery. Royal Mail confirms the delivery on 15th Dec. However when I called HMRC yesterday they said that it has not been uploaded or recorded in their system as being received. How much time generally it takes after they receive it to update in the system that documents have been received? Any idea?
well there normal time to open the post and scan into the system is five working days from the day they receive post, however they have two different system running ask them to find your document via NI if they don't find it then ask them to find it through UTR

BX9 1AS is a right address to send amendments
Blocked Username

immig000

Post by immig000 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:58 am

Hello Guys,
My accountant said that for amending a tax return he will have to send in the full tax return like starting from fresh and not like a earlier filed return + the amendments.

He is highly qualified so there was no doubt in mind. But to confirm, is this the way it has to be done?

f317633

Post by f317633 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Blocked Username wrote:
f317633 wrote:I sent my 2010-11 amendments on 14th of Dec by next day delivery. Royal Mail confirms the delivery on 15th Dec. However when I called HMRC yesterday they said that it has not been uploaded or recorded in their system as being received. How much time generally it takes after they receive it to update in the system that documents have been received? Any idea?
well there normal time to open the post and scan into the system is five working days from the day they receive post, however they have two different system running ask them to find your document via NI if they don't find it then ask them to find it through UTR

BX9 1AS is a right address to send amendments
Thanks Muraxaza.

Does it mean that I need to send another copy to BX9 1AS?

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks Muraxaza.

Does it mean that I need to send another copy to BX9 1AS?[/quote]

well I would advise Yes send it because this is the address which HMRC has suggest on their website for amendments to be send on this address.
Blocked Username

f317633

Post by f317633 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Blocked Username wrote:Thanks Muraxaza.

Does it mean that I need to send another copy to BX9 1AS?
well I would advise Yes send it because this is the address which HMRC has suggest on their website for amendments to be send on this address.[/quote]

Thanks Muraxaza.

I will send another copy today. Just wanted to confirm again..I looked into HMRC website and they mentioned different address if we need to send documents by courier. The address mentioned is NE98 1ZZ . I m using my company courier service to send the documents. It is not Royal Mail. It is a courier company. I that case do I need to use this address NE98 1ZZ. Benton Park View. Newcastle upon Tyne?

wasi36

Post by wasi36 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:20 pm

I did not add any amendment forms niether original tax returns. A simple letter with 6 lines on it. I wrote that there was an error by my accountant. My Gross profit was £xxxx
Then. Expenses £xxxx and Then
Net Profit: £xxxx
Please amend my tax return for the year 2011

immig000

Post by immig000 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:04 pm

wasi36 wrote:I did not add any amendment forms niether original tax returns. A simple letter with 6 lines on it. I wrote that there was an error by my accountant. My Gross profit was £xxxx
Then. Expenses £xxxx and Then
Net Profit: £xxxx
Please amend my tax return for the year 2011
I am assuming this is your corp tax amendments. Did you do your self assessment amendments as well?

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello Guys,
You are talking about some guidelines by HMRC , will these effect 2010/11 returns as well?
My friend is still waiting to hear from HMRC about amendments. Nearly 4 months now. They gave 4th deadline and said these should be processed by 3rd week of January 16

He has time till March /April 2016

Thanks

usernew123
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by usernew123 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Thats a really useful thread thanks

sweetfrost01
BANNED

Post by sweetfrost01 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Gents anyone able to update SA302 for 2010-2011. I know it wont make much difference but just wondering if anyone else had any luck.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Please do a web search for a tax forum to discuss HMRC and tax issues. Post in this forum for any immigration queries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.