ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Documents required for Naturalisation British Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkm12
Newly Registered

What Documents required for Naturalisation British Spouse

Post by mkm12 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi

I am wondering what documents are required for a British Spouse applying for Naturalisation on 3years?

Applicants Passport + ILR
LIUK & English Language (although proved at the time of settlement in 2014)
British Partner Passport or Citizenship Certificate
Marriage Certificate
2 Photos
Do I need to attach any employment Documents or anything else ? or Co-Habitation or how to prove that spouse has been in UK for last 3 years

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What Documents required for Naturalisation British Spous

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:38 pm

mkm12 wrote:Do I need to attach any employment Documents or anything else ? or Co-Habitation or how to prove that spouse has been in UK for last 3 years
No.

Your list is fine, make sure her test is not ESOL as this is no longer accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Passport/s can help prove residence (if stamped).

:idea: If not using NCS enclose a pre-paid, self-addressed Special Delivery-type envelope for safe return of original docs.

:idea: Suggest keep copies & scans of all documents submitted plus copy of payment form and copy of application form - all for your records.

:arrow: NCS recommended though.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Just 1 photo is required for naturalisation application. The applicant's name and date of birth written on the back of it.

Also don't forget the completed fee slip with the application form.

mkm12
Newly Registered

Post by mkm12 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Thanks all
CR001 wrote:
mkm12 wrote:Do I need to attach any employment Documents or anything else ? or Co-Habitation or how to prove that spouse has been in UK for last 3 years
No.

Your list is fine, make sure her test is not ESOL as this is no longer accepted.
Oh Dear! she has already satisfied the English & LIUK criteria at the time of ILR using ESOL. I thought it shouldn't be an issue if already met the criteria at time of settlement on or after 28 October 2013

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:21 pm

ESOL is no longer accepted after 19 November 2012. See information in this link (click) and as yet, no approvals to go on using ESOL after 19th November so she might ok, she might not.

My suggestion would be (only because I don't like taking risks), is to do a test on the approved list to submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:51 pm

To clarify... ESOL is no longer accepted after 19 November 2015
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mkm12
Newly Registered

Post by mkm12 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:35 am

CR001 wrote:ESOL is no longer accepted after 19 November 2012. See information in this link (click) and as yet, no approvals to go on using ESOL after 19th November so she might ok, she might not.

My suggestion would be (only because I don't like taking risks), is to do a test on the approved list to submit.
noajthan wrote:To clarify... ESOL is no longer accepted after 19 November 2015
So just to be sure, which test she must give to prove English Language, on the approved list of HO, it again says Trinity College and on Trinity College Website (http://www.trinitycollege.com/SELT) it almost got same old tests listed for Citizenship with only names changed (previously they were ESOL) now says

"Indefinite Leave to Remain (to settle) or British Citizenship (B1)

For Indefinite Leave to Remain (to settle) or British Citizenship you must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in at least CEFR level B1 in Speaking and Listening."

But HO List requires SELT with Reading,Writing, Listening & Speaking Test. And Trinity College is only taking 10mins speaking & Listening test like before for £150.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:46 pm

HO cannot have contradictory policies:

i.e.-
state that:
an applicant is exempt from English language requirement if the applicant met the English language requirement, on or after 28th October 2013, in order to obtain settlement

but also that:
those who used ESOL qualification to obtain settlement on / after 28-Oct-13 do not fall within the scope of the above exemption!!

If, according to this communication from Nationality team, anyone who met the English language requirement on of after 28-Oct-13 in order to obtain settlement is exempt from doing the same at the time of naturalisation, then "anyone" must mean "anyone" - not "sort of anyone excluding ESOL one"!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mkm12
Newly Registered

Post by mkm12 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:42 pm

sushdmehta wrote:HO cannot have contradictory policies:

i.e.-
state that:
an applicant is exempt from English language requirement if the applicant met the English language requirement, on or after 28th October 2013, in order to obtain settlement

but also that:
those who used ESOL qualification to obtain settlement on / after 28-Oct-13 do not fall within the scope of the above exemption!!

If, according to this communication from Nationality team, anyone who met the English language requirement on of after 28-Oct-13 in order to obtain settlement is exempt from doing the same at the time of naturalisation, then "anyone" must mean "anyone" - not "sort of anyone excluding ESOL one"!!
I tend to agree with you. It doesn't make sense for HO to nullify their decision what they accepted in past. I think this rule applies to those who have not satisfied English Language Criteria as yet either at ILR or Citizenship

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:11 pm

mkm12 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:HO cannot have contradictory policies:

i.e.-
state that:

but also that:

I tend to agree with you. It doesn't make sense for HO to nullify their decision what they accepted in past. I think this rule applies to those who have not satisfied English Language Criteria as yet either at ILR or Citizenship
Hi mkm12, I am in same situation as you. Can you confirm what you did in the end and if it was accepted by HO?

kishorekv

Post by kishorekv » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi mkm12,

Do we need to send any other letters related to ILR or is Passport enough (as it has ILR Stamped Paper in it anyway).

Please advice.

Regards
Kishore