ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

police warning letter and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

svatuk
United Kingdom

police warning letter and ILR

Post by svatuk » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Hello All

It is regarding one of my friend who is going to apply for ILR from tier-1 in next year April. The worry is, in June last year this fella stopped by police with jumping traffic signal but no fine or points were given. Later 2 weeks after the incident he had a warning letter from police not to do it again. Will this police warning will effect his chances of getting ILR?

Please help.

Regards

svatuk

saravanan_n
Newly Registered

Re: police warning letter and ILR

Post by saravanan_n » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:38 pm

I do not think this will affect ILR because this is not registered as criminal offence.

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:42 pm

saravanan_n wrote:I do not think this will affect ILR because this is not registered as criminal offence.
Thanks for the reply, Do you think he must need to mention this on the application?

saravanan_n
Newly Registered

Post by saravanan_n » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:56 pm

I do not think he needs to mention this in application because the application does not say he needs to mention traffic warnings. Only criminal offences [ could be related to road incident ] have to be mentioned there.

One of my friend for overspeeding [marginally over the limit] got a notice to attend a class because it was his first offence. He did not mention it in the applicatino because it is not registered as criminal offence and he got the ILR approved.