ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit - English qualification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tas_ti
Newly Registered

work permit - English qualification

Post by tas_ti » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Hello all,

I have seen many good posts that discuss the way to get English qualification letters from universities for HSMP applications. I hold a work permit for 5 years and planning to apply for entry clearance. I would like to know if the same document is needed for work permit too (question 6.1.6 in VAF2 form). If I have to get one, I understand that it should be from university rather than the college in which I have done graduation. Can I get the the letter where I have done my post graduation? (just curious)

Thanks
Sat

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:37 am

Hello Sat,

http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/eng ... iency.html
Everything you want to know about English Proficiency documents are explained here. If it is not having any information, which you are looking, please let me know.
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.

tas_ti
Newly Registered

Post by tas_ti » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:46 am

Thanks Paulhsmp. The blog is very good, it covers everything needed for hsmp. I would like to know if English proficiency is needed for work permit applications too. During my graduation, the language of instruction was English. Even in this case would you suggest me to take one from university?

Thanks
Sat

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Hello Tas_ti,
I don't know the exact procedure for Work-permit. Whatever details I have given is for HSMP.
Also...
Also the posts in this forum are related to HSMP. You may have to try a different section of immigration boards for getting your query cleared.

Anyway let's wait for comments from others.

All the best
Paul
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:01 pm

At the moment, no specific test is required, though the rules state that applicant must have a good level of English there is no evidence required.

This may change next year.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

tas_ti
Newly Registered

Post by tas_ti » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:46 pm

First of all, sorry for posting a question on same topic again. Thanks Victoria. I have given Business English certificate vantage for council of Europe level B2 and was awarded 'Grade C' , which states that the candidate has achieved a satisfactory level of performance. The certificate states that "Level1 certificate in Business English (ESOL)" . ESOL - This level refers to the UK national qualifications framework. I would like to know if this certification will be considered as IELTS or TOEFL and if anyone has ever used this for entry clearance.