ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general parent & tier 2 ICT dependent child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolguy_83

Tier 2 general parent & tier 2 ICT dependent child

Post by coolguy_83 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:52 am

Hello,

I am working in UK under Tier 2 ICT long term. My wife is going to travel UK under Tier 2 general for entry clearance with my 6 month old son who is having Tier 2 ICT dependent visa.

Will there be any issue during immigration check since both visa category are different ?

If anybody has faced this situation, please share your thoughts.

Thanks

coolguy_83

Re: Tier 2 general parent & tier 2 ICT dependent child

Post by coolguy_83 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi Manci or Gurus,

Can you please look into my query above ?

Thanks

coolguy_83

Tier 2 general dependent query

Post by coolguy_83 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 am

Hi
I am holding Tier 2 ICT Visa valid until Jan 2016. My wife has Tier 2 general valid for 5 years.

I am planning to switch as Tier 2 general dependent some time before my visa expires.

Due to work restriction coming for Tier 2 dependents, If I apply for Tier 2 general dependent now, what happens to my Tier 2 ICT visa validity ?

Is it possible to continue work for my present employer by holding both ICT visa and Tier 2 general dependent visa ?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 general dependent query

Post by manci » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 am

The T2 ICT visa will be replaced by the PBS dependant visa but as a PBS dependant you can continue working in your present job, however, you'll need to inform your employer that your immigration status changed.

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:46 am

Thanks Manci for your reply :)

praka1
Newly Registered

Post by praka1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:02 am

another related query - I am currently under Tier 2 ICT (valid from Nov11) and plan to move to Tier 2 Dependent of my spouse to avoid the cooling off. I understand that as tier 2 dependent, I can continue working in my current firm. If I become my spouse's dependent, and stay on that visa for 1yr, this one yr should count as cooling off period.
Post this 1yr, I intend to move to tier 2 general with my current firm. They will be happy to sponsor me. My question was when would I become eligible to apply for ilr in this scenario. Would it from the time I move to Tier 2 Dependent or 1yr after that when I get tier 2 general visa?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:27 am

praka1 wrote:another related query - I am currently under Tier 2 ICT (valid from Nov11) and plan to move to Tier 2 Dependent of my spouse to avoid the cooling off. I understand that as tier 2 dependent, I can continue working in my current firm. If I become my spouse's dependent, and stay on that visa for 1yr, this one yr should count as cooling off period.
Post this 1yr, I intend to move to tier 2 general with my current firm. They will be happy to sponsor me. My question was when would I become eligible to apply for ilr in this scenario. Would it from the time I move to Tier 2 Dependent or 1yr after that when I get tier 2 general visa?
5 years after the start of the T2G visa (under current rules)

coolguy_83

Tier 2ICT dependent child-mother Tier2 general

Post by coolguy_83 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi,

I am going for Tier 2 ICT Long term extension with only my 1 year old son as dependent.
He is born in UK and already has Dependent visa valid until 26 Jan 2016. We got his visa when my wife was also having Tier 2 ICT dependent.
My wife is in Tier 2 general visa valid until 2018 in UK.
My company is telling there will be problem if I apply only with child as dependent without my wife. Is that true ?
What supporting documents can I provide to overcome this problem ?
I am planning to give NOC letter from my wife and her visa details.

Can you please advice ?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Tier 2ICT dependent child-mother Tier2 general

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:25 am

coolguy_83 wrote:Hi,

I am going for Tier 2 ICT Long term extension with only my 1 year old son as dependent.
He is born in UK and already has Dependent visa valid until 26 Jan 2016. We got his visa when my wife was also having Tier 2 ICT dependent.
My wife is in Tier 2 general visa valid until 2018 in UK.
My company is telling there will be problem if I apply only with child as dependent without my wife. Is that true ?
I don't think it's true, as neither 319H(f) nor A280(b), 304-309 specify the category of leave for your wife.

However, unless you eventually plan to apply for ILR under Long residence or not intend to apply for ILR, then why don't both you and your son switch to being your wife's dependant?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks Vinny for pointing out the guidance point. I informed my company and waiting for their reply.

I am worried about the proposed rule change for right to work for Tier 2 dependents.

So hesitating to go as a PBS dependent.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:03 pm

coolguy_83 wrote:I am worried about the proposed rule change for right to work for Tier 2 dependents.

So hesitating to go as a PBS dependent.
Who has "proposed" this "rule change"? A recommendation by a "advisory" body is construed as "proposed rule change" only by the foolish / people who love to spread rumours.

Have the governments (present and previous) accepted all the "advices" that MAC has proposed ever since it came into existence? Or what percentage have been?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

I should have used the word "outcome of review of Tier2 visa" instead of "proposed rule change" Apologies. I don't have the intention to spread rumors as many are expecting the outcome. I am a great admirer of your advice in this forum.

Btw, do you have any comment on my main question regarding applying Dependent visa extension along with mine without my wife's application.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Vinny has already given you the answer:
vinny wrote:I don't think it's true, as neither 319H(f) nor A280(b), 304-309 specify the category of leave for your wife.
Ask your compnay under which immigration rule(s) do they think it will be a problem?

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:22 pm

They are saying we cannot process child application only without mother's application and they may get questions about care of the child. Suggesting to apply as dependent on mother's visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Bollocks!!

When evidence of mother's status in UK will be included in the child's PBS dependant application, how will this application be any different from one that the child will make under the mother.