ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for a PR?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leopett
Newly Registered

When to apply for a PR?

Post by leopett » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Hello all,
I currently hold a 5 year residence card. I am a NON EEA family member of my EEA wife. My RC expires in 20 days. It's ok to apply anytime after that? Since we fullfill all EU treaty rights and are married for 14 years, and live here for 6, I do not see the hurry to apply this Christmas week. I want to apply in february, a few weeks after my RC is expired. Is that ok? Thanks and I really appreciate your advice!!

noajthan

Re: When to apply for a PR?

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:50 pm

leopett wrote:Hello all,
I currently hold a 5 year residence card. I am a NON EEA family member of my EEA wife. My RC expires in 20 days. It's ok to apply anytime after that? Since we fullfill all EU treaty rights and are married for 14 years, and live here for 6, I do not see the hurry to apply this Christmas week. I want to apply in february, a few weeks after my RC is expired. Is that ok? Thanks and I really appreciate your advice!!
Yes, no problem. Holding a RC is optional anyway.

By sound of it you will have automatically acquired PR already.
The PR card will be for confirmation & useful if you have any future ambitions for privilege of citizenship.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

leopett
Newly Registered

Post by leopett » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:04 am

Thanks a lot for your reply!
One last thing: holding a RC is optional you said. But since it gets difficult to prove I am allowed to work, and getting back in the country might be a hassle ,best thing is to get the PR. Right? Not to mention that how one can be sure he holds PR status ? There's no way to get this info with the HO....it would be much easier if we could verify that without having to apply and spend money on fees,etc
What do you think? Thanks again!!

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:14 am

Hello Leopett
Holing a RC CARD is optional as you are legally lived in the more than 5 years. However, as you said it's worth having to to avoid hassle to prove your status if and when needed and of course when you travel.
If you want to apply for PR it's not free unfortunately. You need to fill EEA (PR) and send to home office with relevant documents as you have submitted for RC 5 yrs ago ( you will be issued PR easily if you and your EU wife still exercising the treaty rights).
Home office fees £65
And biometric enrolment. £19.20

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 am

Should you wish to apply for British citizenship at some point, you will need to have proof of your permanent residence (card) to submit with your application. This has been the case now since the change on 19th November 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leopett
Newly Registered

Post by leopett » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply!
One last thing: holding a RC is optional you said. But since it gets difficult to prove I am allowed to work, and getting back in the country might be a hassle ,best thing is to get the PR. Right? Not to mention that how one can be sure he holds PR status ? There's no way to get this info with the HO....it would be much easier if we could verify that without having to apply and spend money on fees,etc
What do you think? Thanks again!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:35 pm

You will need to apply and pay the fee. There is no other way to 'verify' your status. It is £65.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leopett
Newly Registered

Post by leopett » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Yeah, Will send the package on the 2nd of january. It's all ready to go, anyway. Don't mind paying the fee at all. And It'll be 130,00, as My EEA wife will confirm her rights too.
Will send trough special delivery both ways.
Many thanks!

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:15 pm

All the best
Merry Xmas

leopett
Newly Registered

Post by leopett » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Merry Xmas and a happy new year,in which I pray for the world to be more tolerant and open minded. Cya!