ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension application was unemployed for 8 months?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agar041
Newly Registered

Extension application was unemployed for 8 months?

Post by agar041 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi I got my HSMP in August of 06 for 2 years. I left my job in October and travelled the UK for 4 months then spent 4 months setting up a new buisness (delays and more delays). I willhave worked for 16 months by the time my visa is due for renewal will this be an issue?. I am currently working under a limited company and will easily make all the points requirements. I was not out of the country for more the 90 days. Just need to know whether its worth applying or they whether they will just deny me for not working for such a long period. Thanks for any help.

SYH
BANNED

Re: Extension application was unemployed for 8 months?

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:54 pm

agar041 wrote:Hi I got my HSMP in August of 06 for 2 years. I left my job in October and travelled the UK for 4 months then spent 4 months setting up a new buisness (delays and more delays). I willhave worked for 16 months by the time my visa is due for renewal will this be an issue?. I am currently working under a limited company and will easily make all the points requirements. I was not out of the country for more the 90 days. Just need to know whether its worth applying or they whether they will just deny me for not working for such a long period. Thanks for any help.
With that attitude, who wants to help you. If you feel you should get an extension, then explain why. there are transitional arrangements that might apply to you that you should familiarize yourself with and you are always entitled to plead your case.

SYH
BANNED

Re: Extension application was unemployed for 8 months?

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:54 pm

repeat post for some reason
Last edited by SYH on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:38 am

Grumpy SYH!

agar041, provided you meet the earnings requirement during the specified earnings period, I can't see that it would be an issue if you were unemployed for part of it. I think it helps that your unemployment was at the beginning of your time in the UK and that you are now employed. (It might raise questions if you had been unemployed for the 4 months immediately before your application because it might suggest you wouldn't be able to continue to support yourself.) I would put a brief explanation in your covering letter that you commenced setting up your business on xxx date and due to delays this was completed on xxx date.

From what you say, some of your unemployed period might be outside the dates you need to show anyway. I think you need to show earnings for 12 out of the 15 months before your application (but check this, I'm not sure). It is only over this period tht your earnings will count.