ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unmarried partner overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CHILLIpepper
Newly Registered

unmarried partner overstayer

Post by CHILLIpepper » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:14 pm

Hello there,

I wrote in some time ago for some advice regarding my partner who is an overstayer in uk for past 6 years, you gave me some valuable advice.

Anyway I have since found a good solicitor, who has helped us make an application for my partner to be granted flr, outside the normal rules.
We made the applicationin September 04, and received confirmation that it is a valid application and has been passed on to a caseworker ads it is not a straightforward application. I received my passport back approx 6 weeks after we made the application, 1st question is that normal, and they have kept my partner's?? We are still waiting for a reply, to which I pray each day that they will allow him to stay with me. Could you advise if you know whether that is the normal procedure. The stress of this situation has made me ill, I have had 3 and a hlf months of work ill, I just hope that we know soon

Thanks a lot

guy
Newly Registered

Post by guy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:09 pm

Yes, it is normal. I 'm afraid non straight forward applications take a long time to process. In 2000 I made an application outside the rules and it took 14 months to process. In 2002 I made an ILR application under the unmarried partners rule which was not straight forward as I did not have leave to remain for 2 years as an unmarried partner . I waited 8 months before I got a refusal, I lodged an appeal and waited another 8 months before the Hearing took place. The appeal was allowed.
I know how you feel .....best of luck