ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - Postal vs Premium Same Day & Registration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abbasbundeali
Newly Registered

ILR application - Postal vs Premium Same Day & Registration

Post by abbasbundeali » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:21 am

Hi,

Grateful if anyone can advise on my situation (as per below).

Me and my wife and daughter are eligible to apply for ILR in February (28 days before expiry of our current residence permits).

My daughter was born in 2010. Based on my research I understand that I can apply for my ILR, and once that is done, I can apply for my daughter's registration? - can anyone advise if this works. This will also mean that in my ILR form SET O it asks for information of children and spouse, if they are applying for ILR? should i leave that blank for the children..? I want to avoid a situation whereby i am not able to apply for registration and also regret of not including my daughter on SET O if that was required. its financially viable to go for registration option, (i) as children can naturise a year early (ii) the registration fee is half of the ILR fee...

Secondly, Is it possible to apply for main applicant same day, and spouse via post once I am back from my same day ? The whole point of considering main applicant premium service is that, i can send the postal application of registration of my daughter before her visa expires. I see no point doing this for my wife's application... especailyl when there are no obvious travel plans.

I have seen posts for english test and noticed that :

6. applying as an adult dependent relative between 18 and 64 of someone present and settled in the UK or who is as a refugee or has humanitarian protection,

Although I am not settled (ILR), does the above statement mean that my wife does not need to pass an english test ?

Greatly appreciate if anyone can advise.. !

many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application - Postal vs Premium Same Day & Registrat

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:39 am

1. Where was your child born?
2. No, your wife has to satisfy the English language requirement bcause she is a "PBS dependant" and not a "adult dependant relative".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:40 am

Where was your daughter born?

If your daughter was born in the UK, she is entitled to register as a British citizen and does not need ILR.

If your daughter was born outside the UK, she will need to apply for ILR and can only be registered after either both parents have become British citizens or one parent has become a British citizen and the other one is applying for it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

abbasbundeali
Newly Registered

Post by abbasbundeali » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Thank you for the comments.

My daughter was born in UK.

So i can only apply for her Registration after I have got my own ILR. Does this mean, i should get my ILR done via Premium Service to make sure i register her as citizen before her visa expires? Or it doesnt matter if she is registered post expiry of her visa?

Also, can i save premium fee costs, by applying just for myself, and spouse to apply via post ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:56 pm

As long as the child doesn't intend to travel before registration as British citizen is approved, it doesn't matter if the UK-born child's leave expires. The child may apply for MN1 even without having valid leave to enter/remain in the UK.

Yes, you may.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!