ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabeel.chohan
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by nabeel.chohan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Hello there,

My sister is UK citizen (passport holder) and will be marrying a non UK citizen based in Pakistan next year in May 2016.

I have heard that the sponsor has to be employed in the same company for 6 months. But she has recently changed employer (with 2 weeks gap). Her earning has been £30k plus from April 2015.

Is it true that she has to wait for 6 months to be in same employment until she applies?

Also, if the visa is approved on 1st May (for example) is there a cooling off period where the spouse can't travel? I have heard there is 20 days cooling off period with 30 days to travel.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Nabeel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:14 pm

You have not understood or researched at all what is required for a spouse visa.

The financial requirement she has to meet is £18,600pa. Proof of 12 months required if her current job is not for 6 months.

Spouse will likely be issued with a 30 day vingette in passport and must travel within this time and has to collect the biometric residence permit within 10 days of arriving in the UK at the nominated post office. There is no such thing as 'cooling off period' for a spouse visa.

The spouse can only apply for a visa after the marriage has taken place.

Suggest you read through Spouser visa application from Pakistan (click) and then come back with any further questions.

Also look at Apply to join family in the UK (click)

Even better would be if your sister registers and asks the questions herself based on her circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.