ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timsim98
inactive

ILR Confusion

Post by timsim98 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Dear Moderators/Members & other Followers.

Need Positive Suggestions/recommendation Please

MY ILR is due in April-2016 through Tier-1 general Route, i got awareness through this forum regarding SA Problems so i applied for amendments in June 2015 for the year 2010-2011 and this was acknowledged by HMRC after 3 months and further correspondence also made by them about the status.

On **th December i have got another letter from HMRC that my amended return has been "misplaced" in office and they are sorry about it and asked me to send another copy again and i can register my complaint also about this incident. I sent this copy again on **th December. Last week it was confirmed that new copy has been received but unfortunately they gave me expected time of action in March. So i decided to register my complaint also that may accelerate process.

I have spoken with one solicitor and he assured me that nothing needs to be worried however keep chasing, Because i have realized my error earlier and took actions; further more i have got correspondence also.

Do you guys think this would make positive effect, or your suggestions would be appreciated regarding dealing with HMRC etc. Is this 100% necessary to get resolved this issue or ultimate decision vary on case workers ?

igiosan
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: ILR Confusion

Post by igiosan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi timsim98,

How did you apply to amend your SA for 2010/11 - was it via letter to the HMRC or did you fill out a new tax return?

Also, what sort of correspondence did they forward you? I am in yhe same situation (applied for amendments since May but have not received any correspondence from them) and will appreciate your feedback.

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Hello there,

There is nothing called positive if you have tried deception in previous application and to cover it by amending tax returns after 4 years!!!

UKVI is in complete knowledge of such deliberate ACCOUNTING ERRORS and hence they have arrived at Genuine Earning Test.

I thing you should use your full energy by chasing HMRC to ensure that all your tax amendments are complete including all SA's before going for ILR and hope for positive outcome.

Thanks
Honey

igiosan
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by igiosan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Honey 2008,

I feel your comments and assumption that deception is involved  is a bit unfair except you have some exceptional insight into the above case or any of the other cases mentioned on this forum regarding tax amendments.

Rather than play judge & jury, shouldn't we stick to the core purpose this forum exists - to help each other rather than point fingers or play saints and sinners?

timsim98
inactive

Post by timsim98 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:02 pm

HI Igiosan

My accountant sent this in June as a paper statement clearly mentioned "amended" with his cover letter signed and stamped by him.
I have got acknowledgement letter after 3 months and then another letter stating that still under process and then recent letter about misplacement.
I recommend you to chase frequently almost every week and ask for an acknowledgement.

timsim98
inactive

Post by timsim98 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Dear Mr. Honey

First of all it was not a deception, i am a qualified accountant and technically we can prove it. But for the peace of mind rather than appealing and waiting i preferred to clear the difference which is very nominal and i know many around me in same situation thought they did nothing wrong.

So i request you that please do not be judgemental its a discussion forum not a judiciary council.

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:16 pm

timsim98,

If it is not deception than why there is change of heart after 4 years!!!!!

We all know the GAME going around here so stop declaring or using your credential to justify this GAME and also why suddenly you thought of these PEACE of mind after 4 years.

Now since the GAME is up ,it has forced you to clear couple of HUNDREDS.....

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:21 pm

My advice to all applicants is to clear all your TAX dues,amendments before going for ILR as there is nothing called variance of decision on absence of tax records.

Closing this discussion

Ta
Honey

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:29 pm

I'll say again, I've been in business for nearly 25 years and NEVER had to amend either my personal tax records nor my Company's.

Looks like karma to me if anyone has fiddled their tax in any way.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:51 pm

@Wanderer Judging by the flood of recent posts on tax amendments it would appear that the problem of underdeclaring is widespread. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Casa wrote:@Wanderer Judging by the flood of recent posts on tax amendments it would appear that the problem of underdeclaring is widespread. :|
To paraphrase the classic Monty Python fork sketch...
Lucky we didn't say anything about the typos in NINOs
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:01 pm

No PLEASE! Not another thread about NINOS! :shock:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Casa wrote:@Wanderer Judging by the flood of recent posts on tax amendments it would appear that the problem of underdeclaring is widespread. :|
And I have zero sympathy, I have always been made very aware of messing with the taxman, you just don't do it.

Mistakes can be made and HMRC are not totally without empathy, but these transgressions seem to be deliberate evasion, and even now under GAAR, even 'aggressive' avoidance is a no-no. So I stay inline. Simples.

timsim98
inactive

Post by timsim98 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi Moderator

please advice how to delete the post, i thought its a discussion forum but its not. #Honey2008

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:46 pm

timsim98 wrote:Hi Moderator

please advice how to delete the post, i thought its a discussion forum but its not. #Honey2008
Delete what?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:47 pm

timsim98 wrote:Dear Moderators/Members & other Followers.

Need Positive Suggestions/recommendation Please

MY ILR is due in April-2016 through Tier-1 general Route, i got awareness through this forum regarding SA Problems so i applied for amendments in June 2015 for the year 2010-2011 and this was acknowledged by HMRC after 3 months and further correspondence also made by them about the status.

On **th December i have got another letter from HMRC that my amended return has been "misplaced" in office and they are sorry about it and asked me to send another copy again and i can register my complaint also about this incident. I sent this copy again on **th December. Last week it was confirmed that new copy has been received but unfortunately they gave me expected time of action in March. So i decided to register my complaint also that may accelerate process.

I have spoken with one solicitor and he assured me that nothing needs to be worried however keep chasing, Because i have realized my error earlier and took actions; further more i have got correspondence also.

Do you guys think this would make positive effect, or your suggestions would be appreciated regarding dealing with HMRC etc. Is this 100% necessary to get resolved this issue or ultimate decision vary on case workers ?

timsim98
inactive

Post by timsim98 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:53 pm

delete my post. please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:01 pm

timsim98 wrote:Hi Moderator

We do not delete posts from the forum, for any reason. See Sushdmehta's first post in this thread (click).

You need to understand the bigger picture here, in that the amount of posts recently from only Tier 1 General visa holders quickly wanting to amend tax returns from 3 or 4 years ago because now its a problem, has drawn the same conclusion for many. Income was likely not declared for tax purposes. HO is and has picked up on this and for good reason. Probably a contributing factor to ending the Tier 1 General route.

The forum is a place for discussion but neither a moderator nor any member will advise you on how to circumvent the system. If you have specific tax queries, you need to find a tax forum for advice. We can help with immigration queries but are not tax experts. And a Wanderer has said, and I agree, you never ever mess around with the Tax Man, in any country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

timsim98
inactive

Post by timsim98 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:04 pm

CR001

OK ! this is not tax forum, so you delete this post please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:07 pm

Nope, the thread/topic will stay and will not be deleted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:08 pm

timsim98 wrote:CR001

OK ! this is not tax forum, so you delete this post please.
"We do not delete posts from the forum, for any reason."

Tough titty, matey......

timsim98
inactive

Post by timsim98 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:13 pm

CR001

You have to delete the post.