ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Income and tax issues - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Overseas Income and tax issues - ILR

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:57 pm

I applied my initial Tier 1 from Pakistan (2010). I came in the UK in May 2010 but left for overseas employment in April 2011. Came back in June 2012 (I understand my period will not be counted as overseas employment and clock will reset and start from June 2012). I then obtained an extension based on previous overseas employment income in Jan 2013 to Jan 2015, Recent extension is up to Nov 2018, while I am planning to apply for ILR on May 2017 when my 5 year period will be completed (28 days before 5 years).

So The earning between April 2011 to May 2012 was overseas when I was not in UK for a single day. I assume I will not be eligible for any overseas tax payable to HMRC.

The period I am planning to claim 5 years (June 2012 to May 2017) shall be all UK employment earnings which are all declared and paid by my employers correctly.

Please advise if I should look for any issues or my assumptions re affairs of tax are correct.

I will appreciate advise from members with relevant knowledge.

sweetfrost01
BANNED

Re: Overseas Income and tax issues - ILR

Post by sweetfrost01 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:02 pm

any income overseas all tax need to be paid to that country.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Overseas Income and tax issues - ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Google 'tax forum' for guidance on HMRC rules and post queries on immigration issues in this forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.