ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2General dependents ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

woodie

Tier 2General dependents ILR

Post by woodie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:30 am

Hi Gurus,
I have a question,
When my wife completes 5 years on T2G visa then she is eligible for ILR. If she goes for ILR, then
1/ what happens to me if I have completed just 3 years on dependent visa till then?
2/ what happens to my son who completes 5years on T2G dependent same time as my wife (i.e. 2 years before me? i.e. does child get ILR if BOTH parents are on ILR or when ANY ONE on ILR & he is eligible?

Thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2General dependents ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:40 am

On what date did you APPLY for your Tier 2 Dependent visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:43 am

According to your post here (click), you have only recently (if at all) applied for Tier 2 G Dep. You will need to wait till you have completed 5 years in this category before you will qualify for ILR.

If you reach 10 years residence with a combination of visas sooner, you can apply for ILR based on this basis.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:23 am

woodie wrote:1/ what happens to me if I have completed just 3 years on dependent visa till then?
2/ what happens to my son who completes 5years on T2G dependent same time as my wife (i.e. 2 years before me? i.e. does child get ILR if BOTH parents are on ILR or when ANY ONE on ILR & he is eligible?

Thanks a lot
See also PBS Dependants not eligible for ILR at the same time as you?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

woodie

Post by woodie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:41 am

CR001 wrote:According to your post here (click), you have only recently (if at all) applied for Tier 2 G Dep. You will need to wait till you have completed 5 years in this category before you will qualify for ILR.

If you reach 10 years residence with a combination of visas sooner, you can apply for ILR based on this basis.
That's amazing help from you sir. Apologies I should have informed full details. Just wanted to get some questions sorted out. Thanks a lot.

woodie

Post by woodie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:56 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
woodie wrote:1/ what happens to me if I have completed just 3 years on dependent visa till then?

Thanks a lot
See also PBS Dependants not eligible for ILR at the same time as you?
Thanks Sir, I went through this link. Have one question not clear. Hope you don't mind to answer that & apologies for my lack of knowledge.
After my wife gets her ILR, can my son get ILR when he is eligible or he has to wait till I become eligible i.e. Can a child get ILR if one parent has ILR & other not?

Thanks a lot again

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:13 am

Child is also eligible for ILR without you only if child was born in the UK and mother granted ILR.

However, then it may be better for a UK born child to register for British citizenship directly.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

woodie

Post by woodie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:41 am

vinny wrote:Child is also eligible for ILR without you only if child was born in the UK and mother granted ILR.

However, then it may be better for a UK born child to register for British citizenship directly.
and if child is not UK born then he can get ILR Only When BOTH the parents get ILR ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:09 am

Then, child's ILR would be solely subject to satisfying 319J.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.