ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bloody-Fox

Naturalisation after Stamp 4

Post by Bloody-Fox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:16 am

Hi guys n gals,

I have several questions regarding Irish citizenship. My wife got her first temporary Stamp 4EU FAM in October 2013 expiring 13/05/2014 and on 14/05/2014 the 5 year stamp expiring 02/04/2019 has been granted.

The letter stated that they advise to apply for permanent residency about 6 months before the the stamp is about to expire, which would be around November 2018.

We are planning to apply for citizenship as soon as ever possible.

- If we are not leaving Ireland during this time, she would have fulfilled the 5 years of residence needed for naturalisation by October 2018 and could theoretically apply? (Counting from the date of the first temporary stamp 4)

- Do we have to apply for permanent residency or can we go straight for citizenship, seeing that when she has completed 5 years reckonable residence the stamp 4 still won't expire for at least 5 months?

- As per Citizensinformation: "If you are a non-EEA national applying for naturalisation your GNIB residency stamps are the only evidence which provide proof of your reckonable residence." Does that mean that utility bills are not required for a citizenship application? We have all paper bills and PRTB registrations up until July 2015 but currently we are living in a place where everything is prepaid and we do not have a contract with the landlord and we are not officially "living there" so the only bills we do have at the moment are our credit card bills. Would this present any problem or should we aim to move somewhere we can get the documentation?

Thanks in advance

Fox

Obie
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation after Stamp 4

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 am

Well time will start counting from the time your wife first entered the state in your company.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:44 am

Obie wrote:Well time will start counting from the time your wife first entered the state in your company.
Thanks.

That would be the 5th of September 2013. That's when she got her first entry stamp in Rosslare.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:51 am

Well I am of the view that for Qualifying family members of EU citizens, reconnable residence commences from thee first time they entered the state, even without a stamp.

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Obie wrote:Well I am of the view that for Qualifying family members of EU citizens, reconnable residence commences from thee first time they entered the state, even without a stamp.
We entered Ireland together that day so doesn't make a difference. Do you know if we have to apply for permanent residence before naturalisation?

thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:08 pm

PR not needed for naturalisation.

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Thanks Obie, much appreciated.

Anyone knows an answer to my last question regarding the documents needed?

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Time starts counting when I first arrived in Ireland with my partner then?

I could swear that it started when I first got my temporary stamp 4 eufam. Are you guys sure about this?

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:30 am

gorgeous wrote:Time starts counting when I first arrived in Ireland with my partner then?

I could swear that it started when I first got my temporary stamp 4 eufam. Are you guys sure about this?
According to the application form you need a printout of the citizenship tracker saying you're good to go. When we first entered in September we were given an entry stamp valid for one month - if this one can be counted in the tracker, then yes.

Otherwise the first temporary stamp 4 is dated less than 6 weeks later, which won't make much of a difference, tbh.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Bloody-Fox wrote:
gorgeous wrote:Time starts counting when I first arrived in Ireland with my partner then?

According to the application form you need a printout of the citizenship tracker saying you're good to go. When we first entered in September we were given an entry stamp valid for one month - if this one can be counted in the tracker, then yes.

Otherwise the first temporary stamp 4 is dated less than 6 weeks later, which won't make much of a difference, tbh.
Hey Bloody-Fox,

That's the thing, I don't know about that yet. For example, in my case:

I got here in 2013 with a student visa (which doesn't count), and then I got married in Oct, 2014 and we went to my home country and came back in Nov, 27 which was the day that I got my tourist visa. I sent out my application on the same date and got my temporary stamp 4 on the 22nd of January.

If my tourist visa counts as residency which one should I choose (in the tracker) when applying for citizenship? Stamp 3? :S