ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrived in Dublin last week -1 month stamp only...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bloody-Fox

Arrived in Dublin last week -1 month stamp only...

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:12 am

Hi everyone,

My wife (Brazilian) and me (German) have arrived in Ireland last week via ferry in Rosslare.

Instead of the usual 3 months, my wife was given only 1 month to apply via EU1 (by the 5th of October).

Our problem now is that our Brazilian marriage certificate and its translation do not have an apostille at the moment. For some reason we never needed it for the residence card application to the home office back in the UK.

Now we would have to send the document back to Brazil, get a stamp in their department of foreign affairs, then present it to the Irish embassy in Brazil and have it sent back to Ireland, which is impossible to do within only 3 more weeks..

So I have 2 options now:

1. Apply for EU 1 with the marriage certificate as it is and risk that they won't accept it

2. Do the whole process via Brazil and file the EU application later than the 5th of October

Not mentioning obv, that option 2 would also cost quite some money for fedex, plus someone to do all that there for us..

Any ideas?

Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 am

I think they might have some flexibility with this; but if you are not in luck and facing an annoying person it could be an issue.

I would suggest to send an email to the EUTR section (eutreatyrights@justice.ie) and ask them the question. At least you will have there official stance on this in written and if they say you are OK and later complain about your certificate; you can show the email.

Also, regardless of what the stamp says, you spouse his granted a 3 month period to register by EU laws. You can also ask them to confirm that in the email so that you are covered as well if someone complains that she overstayed her visa.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:08 am

Hi there

I am no expert but just wanted to point some things out from experience. Of course email them first, they usually reply quite fast.

But other then that Irish are pretty lenient. My husband and I came to Ireland mid august and my husband didnt have a visa (long story). Dispite that, we applied via EU1 form and 5 weeks later he got a temp stamp 4. So we got through it without even a one month visa. As long as you are exercising your EU treaty rights - they can't do anything.

Another thing is, you could just send your marriage certificate and explain that it will take time to get a translation done. Usually, after 4-5 weeks they send back all the documents and tell you if they need any more documents from you. They might give you time to submit it.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Arrived in Dublin last week -1 month stamp only...

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:45 pm

:shock:
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:26 am

Thanks guys, I know it's a bit late but I'd like to inform that we didn't encounter any problems whatsover. Instead of the apostille, we just got a notary public to notarise the marriage cert and included previous residence cards from the UK and Spain. Stamp 4 has been granted without questions. :D

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:03 pm

That is good to hear, by the way where did you get notarise? In Ireland or Brazil?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:06 pm

kunfayakun wrote:That is good to hear, by the way where did you get notarise? In Ireland or Brazil?
Somewhere in Dublin. If we would have went to Brazil, we could have gotten the apostille too