ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in February 2016 - Help with a Few Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sam151
Newly Registered

ILR in February 2016 - Help with a Few Queries

Post by Sam151 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:37 pm

Hello All,

I need some help for preparation to my ILR Application file.
I would like to give some details here. I will be eligible to apply for ILR from 1st Feb 2016. Therefore, I can show my Income from Feb-2015 to Jan-2016. As I was doing 2 jobs in Dec-14 and Jan-15, I have received extra payment in Feb-15 from 2nd Job. I have started self employment as consultant in Mar-15 which is still continued. For my second job, tax was not deducted at the time of salary which I paid myself to HMRC after I filed Tax return after Apr-15 for financial year 14-15.
I have changed my main job in July -15 so for main salary, I have payslips from 2 different employment. Also I have all invoices for payments of my self-employment, started after Apr-15 onwards.
The payment, from my main job, is more than enough to get required point for my application.
Q. Do I need to declare myself employment?
Q. Bank statement, Payslips, Invoices, employment contract paper and reference letter, P-60, Life in UK test certificate, UK Post graduate degree certificate. In addition to this, do I need to add any further documents to support my ILR Application?

Thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR in February 2016 - Help with Income to Show

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Are we to assume that you are applying through the Tier 1 General route??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam151
Newly Registered

Post by Sam151 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:46 pm

CR001,

Thanks for your respond. Yes i am on Tier-1 Route.

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:32 pm

If you employment is enough to show the required income to qualify for points,then I would suggest not to involve self employed income BUT make sure all taxes and required SA's are in place,ready to submit,if asked by HO.

Also want to why tax was not deducted on your 2nd job???? as it is employer responsibility along with NI

Sam151
Newly Registered

Post by Sam151 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:06 pm

HI,

It was mistake by HR of second job, they did not used BR code. Thats why it was assumed by HMRC that this is my only JOB and Income is lower that Tax code so it was not deducted. But as i mentioned before i have paid that tax but it will not show on SA statement as PAID until 31st Jan 2016. I will not have sufficient time to get that document from HMRC after 31st Jan 16.

Also I think, if i will not keep my self employment documents may be cause me problem?

I also want to know,
Q. Do i need to keep proof of self employment tax payment for initial and renewal time of application for Tier-1.
Q. What are the self employment documents i need to keep in my files for current self employment?

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:18 pm

If I were in your position I would do the following

1) HR Mistake :- Take a Letter from HR that it was there mistake.

Same thing happened but with differennt flow when I moved to my current role.My HR forgot to include the details of my income from previous employer in that FY BUT I got a letter from HMRC for underpayment of tax which they say would recover by changing my TAX code .They also said since if this is mistake of your current employer (which was the case ) then you are entitle to get this from your current employer.But anyway it was paid from my salary.

If you want to attach previous SA's and proof of tax payment,well this is not a bad idea.

Sorry I don't have idea of self employed documents (sole Trader ) I suppose.You have to go thru guidance.

Sam151
Newly Registered

ILR earliest date

Post by Sam151 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi

My last day of 5th anniversary is 25 Feb 2016. Which will be the earliest date I can apply for ILR. Also is anybody seeing premium service date for Feb 2016. Last date I can see is 29th Jan only. I am not sure I can book 29th January 2015 or not.

Please help me to understand counting.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR in February 2016 - Help with a Few Queries

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:04 pm

Please keep (click) your questions about your ILR application in your own thread (click)

You can apply no sooner than 28 days before reaching 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.