ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HSMP) Approved!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorajim

FLR (HSMP) Approved!

Post by gorajim » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:43 am

Hi All,

Glad to share the good news that my FLR (HSMP) has been approved. The relevant dates are as follows:

Applied: 09 Nov 2007
Account Debited: 13 Nov 2007
Acknowledgement Dated: 13 Nov 2007
Documents Received: 24 Nov 2007
Decision: Approved
Decision had been taken: 20 Nov 2007

My sincere Thanks! to everyone on this forum for their valuable inputs, and enabling my research into the whole process. I'm now a thousand times more enlightened about the UK immigration process than I was like a couple of months ago.

I will continue to contribute whenever I can add value to this forum and make sure others benefit from my experiences.

Thanks again and All the Best to future applicants!

Jim.

garfield
Newly Registered

Question about FLR

Post by garfield » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi Jim,

Can you let me know what documents you sent to the Home Office for the FLR?

Best Regards.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Hiya,

I sent the following documents:

+ Covering Letter - this was returned.
+ FLR (HSMP) application form with my Payment details, HSMP Reference and my WP reference mentioned in the appropriate fields on Pages 1 and 2.
+ Passports for me and family.
+ Passport size photographs (as per photo guidelines) for me and family
+ Marriage Certificate.
+ Birth Certificates for children.
+ Bank Statements - last 3 months.

I mailed this by Recorded delivery and received the documents back by recorded delivery.

I did NOT send:
- My HSMP approval letter or any photocopies - only the reference number was mentioned in my application.
- Any of the documents / certificates that I sent for the HSMP.
- Any urgent processing request.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

merahsmp
Newly Registered

Post by merahsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:03 pm

Hi Jim,

Could you please guide, what did you fill in the following fields in the FLR form :

1. Field 4 : Your refrence
2. Field 17 : Your Home office reference.

I urgently need to send my FLR form tommorow. Hence I will be really greatful, if you could reply as soon as you can.

Thanks !

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm

Hiya,

Field 4: Optional Entry - you can fill in your personal reference number that you wish to use to track your application. Nothing to do with your HSMP or other reference numbers.

Field 17: Home Office Reference number Iif you have one): I mentioned my Work Permit number because I was switching from WP to HSMP. I mentioned this because I already had a HO reference and it makes it easier for a caseworker to refer to my previous WPs, Extensions, FLRs, etc.

Hope this helps. All the Best!

merahsmp
Newly Registered

Post by merahsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:50 am

Hi,

Thanks for such a quick response.

Could you tell me, did they contact your employer for this ? Did you provide them any letter or refrence from yur employer.

I amafraid, they would contact my current employer. Hence am thinking to provide the contact details of one of my colleague as the reference Is that OK ?

What are your views ?

goodnews
Newly Registered

Post by goodnews » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:20 am

Hi Jim,

Congratulations.

Can you please clarify which category of year you were in.. 1+3 and you were applying for 4th year?. I am referrring to HSMP out here,, those who have come initially on 1 year, got extended for 3 year and now rule change, so they again apply for another FLR which could be 2 or 1 year.

Could you also specify for how many year your visa is extended to?

I had sent my application hsmp flr (1+3 over) on 30th Oct and so far no news..

Many Thanks
Regards

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:12 am

Hiya,

I don't believe they contacted my employer. Well, I don't believe I provided any contact details of anyone in the company. And nobody has come back to me saying they were contacted.

I'm not sure about your situation. You need to decide on that. Is there a provision to provide the contact details of anyone? I didn't think so.

Look at it this way: I don't believe the HO expects you to have offers (I am speaking purely about in-country applications) when you apply for FLR (HSMP). If so, they would have specifically asked for concrete proof in the form of an offer letter or other documents. The fact that they don't insist on such evidence indirectly hints that they don't expect you to have an offer before your FLR is approved.

If they demanded evidence of an offer letter, it would become a Catch-22 situation: you need a FLR to to find gainful work and you need an offer letter to get an FLR. Sounds illogical.

Personally, I would say don't worry too much about the employer reference. Just mention the company you are currently working for. Like I mentioned in my earlier post - I mentioned that only because I had it.

Cheers.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:14 am

Hi Goodnews,

I am switching from a WP and been given a 2-year residence permit.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

sanak

time taken

Post by sanak » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:17 pm

can you let me know how much time it is taking for FLR (HSMP) . I am switching from WP to HSMP....I am confused!!

Please let me know your dates

thanks in advance

Sanak

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:34 pm

I thought I wrote the relevant dates in my first post of this thread.

What other dates are you looking for?

Cheers.

touchsensor

Thanks

Post by touchsensor » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:40 am

Thanks gorajim. A quick question, can I supply my savings account statement instead of my current account statement? Please advise.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
P

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:49 am

Hiya,

It doesn't seem to matter what bank statements you provide, as long as you can furnish sufficient funds to maintain yourself and the bank statements bear the same name and address as your application.

Cheers.

touchsensor

Thanks

Post by touchsensor » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:41 pm

In the new tier system guidance, it mentions that for funding purposes, in-country applicant should have min £800 and out of country applicant should have £2800. Is it the same process pre-tier system as well? When I applied for EC in 2006, I showed an amount of £2000 but I was applying for work permit EC and had my friend sponsoring my accomodation and any other expenses.

Please help....

Thanks,
P