ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past earnings.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jungli
Newly Registered

Past earnings.

Post by jungli » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi,
I have a situation wherein, the points awarded for the past earnings claimed is 45 but they awarded just 15.The reason being that the house rent of approx 15500GBP was not taken into account.I'm here on secondment and the salary is paid to my bank account but,the overseas company pays the rent directly to the house owner.
Along with my application, P60 document and P11D,company letter stating that they pay rent as a benefit and tenent agreement was submitted. Despite all this they have not awarded the desired points.

There must be some way to prove that the rent is also a salary paid (irrespective of whether it appears on the pay slip) and the fact that P11D is there,proves that this benefit has been declared to the authorities and tax has been deducted.
According to the UK Taxation rpolicy,any amount paid to the employee whether direct or indirect is taxable... then why should P11D not be considered? Thinking reversedly,bank statements which i submitted does not show any rent paid from my account to the house owner .. so who is paying the rent ? and if it were that I'm paying cash ...how could 2 persons have survived with just 500GBP per month .. It all does not add up !

If anybody has a solution,please do let me know,thanks.
cheers

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 am

Hello Jungli,

Can you please read the link -http://echsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/earn ... ments.html
Most of your questions are answered there.

Cheers
Paul

maidy

Post by maidy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:04 am

Your Points are 100% valid. you should go for a Review. i hope u will get ur approval then. explain all in detial......... they wouldn't deny the facts.
Maddy

SYH
BANNED

Re: Past earnings.

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:30 am

jungli wrote:Hi,
I have a situation wherein, the points awarded for the past earnings claimed is 45 but they awarded just 15.The reason being that the house rent of approx 15500GBP was not taken into account.I'm here on secondment and the salary is paid to my bank account but,the overseas company pays the rent directly to the house owner.
Along with my application, P60 document and P11D,company letter stating that they pay rent as a benefit and tenent agreement was submitted. Despite all this they have not awarded the desired points.

There must be some way to prove that the rent is also a salary paid (irrespective of whether it appears on the pay slip) and the fact that P11D is there,proves that this benefit has been declared to the authorities and tax has been deducted.
According to the UK Taxation rpolicy,any amount paid to the employee whether direct or indirect is taxable... then why should P11D not be considered? Thinking reversedly,bank statements which i submitted does not show any rent paid from my account to the house owner .. so who is paying the rent ? and if it were that I'm paying cash ...how could 2 persons have survived with just 500GBP per month .. It all does not add up !

If anybody has a solution,please do let me know,thanks.
cheers
It might be taxable, but that doesn't make it your salary. I don't see how or why rent is a part of your salary

jungli
Newly Registered

Post by jungli » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:08 am

Thank you so much for the replies..paul, cannot open the blog page, any other ways that I can see that document??

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Hello Jungli,

Whatever I have explained in the blog is meant for initial application.
But most of the things are same for hsmp extension.
So I don't know how much it will be useful for you.
But no harm in just giving a try.
Can you please try it now.
http://echsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/earn ... ments.html
No idea why it was not accessible for you before.

All the best
Paul