ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nasirsam08
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) application

Post by nasirsam08 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi Gurus and All Dear Members,

First of all I would like to thank all Gurus and members who give their valuable time to help people in this platform.

I would appreciate a help as I would like to make a FLR FP application.

My immigration status is tier 2 , I have been in this country for 9 yrs and 9 months till now. My current leave will be expired on 25th Jan 2016 as my sponsor licence is revoked. So to complete 10 yrs I would like to make a FLR FP application. I need help what documents shall I have to submit with this application and what reason shall I write down in covering letter.

Any other suggestions are welcomed for buying time. I came in the UK Apr 2006 so need 2 months and 15 days in total to complete 10 yrs.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: FLR(FP) application

Post by Wise » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Do you have any kids either born here or came with you and how old?
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

nasirsam08
Newly Registered

Post by nasirsam08 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 pm

Dear Wise,

Thanks for reply, I have no kids I am single and my age is 31.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Without strong family ties here an application would be weak. FLR(FP) applications are for those with a partner or child in the UK = family life as a partner or family life as a parent. From your post, you don't appear to qualify under this category.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Casa wrote:Without strong family ties here an application would be weak. FLR(FP) applications are for those with a partner or child in the UK = family life as a partner or family life as a parent. From your post, you don't appear to qualify under this category.
+1

It will likely be an almost instant refusal as HO is aware of this ruse being used to 'bridge a gap' in making up the residency for 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasirsam08
Newly Registered

Post by nasirsam08 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks for the reply,

May I know which be appropriate application to buy the time for me as I don't have any family.

nasirsam08
Newly Registered

Post by nasirsam08 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Also I have noticed on FLR FP application that one can apply on basis of Private life 10 yrs as well. So I thought to apply for FLR FP. Is that a wrong application to make ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:33 am

But you haven't completed 10 years residence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sukhwindersingh

Post by sukhwindersingh » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:40 pm

if any one is single and have completed 9 years and 8 months in the UK legally can he apply FLR FP on basis of only private life if he/she has some exceptional circumstances that they cannot leave the UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:41 pm

...and what would those exceptional circumstances be?
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:45 pm

sukhwindersingh wrote:if any one is single and have completed 9 years and 8 months in the UK legally can he apply FLR FP on basis of only private life if he/she has some exceptional circumstances that they cannot leave the UK.
Link please!!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Wanderer wrote:
sukhwindersingh wrote:if any one is single and have completed 9 years and 8 months in the UK legally can he apply FLR FP on basis of only private life if he/she has some exceptional circumstances that they cannot leave the UK.
Link please!!
One of the repetitive askers.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1285230
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sukhwindersingh

Post by sukhwindersingh » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Dear Wanderer,

FLR FP guidelines says that to be eligible on 10 years private life you must meet the requirements set on Part 7 of immigration rules which are :

276ADE (1). The requirements to be met by an applicant for leave to remain on the grounds of private life in the UK are that at the date of application, the applicant: (i) does not fall for refusal under any of the grounds in Section S-LTR 1.2 to S-LTR 2.3. and S-LTR.3.1. in Appendix FM; and

(ii) has made a valid application for leave to remain on the grounds of private life in the UK; and

(iii) has lived continuously in the UK for at least 20 years (discounting any period of imprisonment); or
(iv) is under the age of 18 years and has lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) and it would not be reasonable to expect the applicant to leave the UK; or

(v) is aged 18 years or above and under 25 years and has spent at least half of his life living continuously in the UK (discounting any period of imprisonment); or

(vi) subject to sub-paragraph (2), is aged 18 years or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) but there would be very significant obstacles to the applicant’s integration into the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK.

Therefore, by above as per my understanding if any one meets the requirement point 276ADE(i) and (ii) and have some significant obstacle that he/she cannot go back to their home country and is above 18 years means they can apply for FLR FP on basis of 10 years private life, pls correct me if I am wrong....