ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gameover_786

Re: FLR(FP) application

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:10 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Dear haris_zam & gameover_786,

I am happy to help out other members at this forum. If one goes to a solicitor for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR), the solicitors would represent their client, filling out the SET(LR) form and drafting a cover letter. The problem then is that you never get to have a copy of your documents with cover letter where the file is being sent by post through your solicitors. In my case since it was a premium appointment so my solicitors had no other choice but to hand over all docs + cover letter so that I can take them with me to the PSC (Premium Service Center).

I do not have a digital copy of the letter, but shall convert the scanned copy of the cover letter through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) have mine and my solicitors details edited for obvious reasons and have it uploaded for members at this forum. Hopefully the cover letter shall be able to serve its purpose.
Thanks Jaguar that is very helpful. When should we expect you to upload this cover letter on this forum?

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi gameover_786

Shall get it across by the end of this month.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 am

thats great jaguar, will be waiting on it in sha allah ..thanks

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:04 am

is it me or i cant see the previous posts relating to the last 3 days?
are those replies deleted ??

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:00 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Hi gameover_786

Shall get it across by the end of this month.
Hi Jaguar,

Did you manage to get a copy of the cover letter?

Many thanks

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:24 am

Hi gameover_786,

I have looked into the matter. When I stated that I shall get a copy of the cover letter across, I received a reply from moderators regarding follows,
haris_zam wrote:
ryne222 wrote:
hi guy i am updating people regarding the FLR application through solicitor please be aware do not go to this solicitor. although he claimed to be solicitor.
his name is

thanks a lot buddy... are u safe ?
The above comment was edited by moderators and then sent in as reply straight away after few minutes of myself having posted that I shall get the letter across. My guess is that the moderators might not see it as appropriate for me having the cover letter posted. I am hence not getting it posted at this thread. I hope this is understandable. Thanks.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:16 am

dear jaguar,

good to hear from you , i dont know y moderators wouldnt want that leyter posted with all the personal details hidden, noneheless thanks for trying bro..did u recive my previous pm i sent to u as i got no reply from you. i hope you didnt mind messaging you..

thanks

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi I'm also affected by my solicitor.
Myself and my child are in 10yr ilr route.
My original post will tell u my story if you go on my profile.
I've made a complaint to ombudsman and SRA. But I'm turned away. The solicitor replied that they already told my Jr result which is a lie.
I've no clue how to prove me. I've documents to prove but solicitors are better in telling lies. So sad

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:43 pm

And to add the solicitor is a lady who is registered but her brother is not. It's the brother of her who done my case in later stage and forgot to inform me my result. Now I'm also threatened threatened indirectly by him through common friend.
I've spent nearly 8000 for my ukvi fee alone. I've no further funds to give a legal fight. I pray no body else should be affected like me.

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm over it now and look forward for a new year with no visa stuff.
I'm trying to move on and my advise to others would be choose the right solicitor or do it yourself.
Hope everyone will be happier with out visa issues in 2016.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:36 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Hi gameover_786,

I have looked into the matter. When I stated that I shall get a copy of the cover letter across, I received a reply from moderators regarding follows,
haris_zam wrote:
ryne222 wrote:
hi guy i am updating people regarding the FLR application through solicitor please be aware do not go to this solicitor. although he claimed to be solicitor.
his name is

thanks a lot buddy... are u safe ?
The above comment was edited by moderators and then sent in as reply straight away after few minutes of myself having posted that I shall get the letter across. My guess is that the moderators might not see it as appropriate for me having the cover letter posted. I am hence not getting it posted at this thread. I hope this is understandable. Thanks.
Hi Jaguar,

Thank you for trying and updating us.

Is there any possibility you could PM the details of that letter if the moderator does not allow it on the open forum.

Many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:24 pm

I believe there appears to be a case of misunderstanding here.

This post was edited by one the moderators because the user was probably bad-mouthing a immigration solicitor / advisor and must have named the company / individual. Since this practice (naming and shaming) is not allowed on the forum, the post was edited.

The other one, I believe, may have been posted in error (with only the quote, and no content from the moderator) and the moderator failed to realize the error (maybe he/she wanted to post something but it got deleted accidently before the post was submitted).

The post By OP that was deleted should not have been posted in this topic but in the existing topic in the ILR forum.

Nothing to do with the "letter". Feel free to post it here.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:39 am

sushdmehta wrote:I believe there appears to be a case of misunderstanding here.

This post was edited by one the moderators because the user was probably bad-mouthing a immigration solicitor / advisor and must have named the company / individual. Since this practice (naming and shaming) is not allowed on the forum, the post was edited.

The other one, I believe, may have been posted in error (with only the quote, and no content from the moderator) and the moderator failed to realize the error (maybe he/she wanted to post something but it got deleted accidently before the post was submitted).

The post By OP that was deleted should not have been posted in this topic but in the existing topic in the ILR forum.

the moderators have also deleted other posts i guess where jaguar informs he has got his ilr, may be thata a miatake too.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:32 pm

haris_zam wrote:

This one, I believe, may have been posted in error (with only the quote, and no content from the moderator) and the moderator failed to realize the error (maybe he/she wanted to post something but it got deleted accidently before the post was submitted).

the moderators have also deleted other posts i guess where jaguar informs he has got his ilr, may be thata a miatake too.
We don't delete posts, we move them to the correct forum/place, which is what sushdmehta has said.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:45 pm

I deleted the passage from the first post mentioned, due to the content leaving both the member and the forum open to prosecution for libel. As stated in my edit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:09 am

haris_zam wrote:the moderators have also deleted other posts i guess where jaguar informs he has got his ilr, may be thata a miatake too.
sushdmehta wrote:The post By OP that was deleted should not have been posted in this topic but in the existing topic in the ILR forum.
Plain simple English, easy to understand(?). Anymore off-topic posts .. and those will be taken off too!!

You made some assumptions about mods' actions and I explained the reasons, casa too! End of story .... Time to move on ...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:14 am

Hi haris_zam,

I agree with the moderators. They have elaborated very nicely on the facts and figures behind having posts migrated or deleted for specific reasons. I am grateful to the moderators for clarifying the position regarding having a cover letter posted at the forum.

Having secured my ILR I have been very busy with few things. Currently I am waiting for my passport and refunds from my FLR - FP file. This can however take 20 working days for Non European applications for having withdrawn or varied. Due to Christmas holidays this would mean even more time before everything is finally done and dusted.

I am hoping to get my outstanding documents back by the end of January 2016. As soon as everything is over I shall put in briefing about my personal experience regarding my journey from FLR (FP) to SET (LR). And of course I shall also provide the cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) WITH the briefing. Just want to do the right thing at the right time and not vice versa.This could however as stated earlier take about another month until the end of January 2016. Until then I wish everybody all the best.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:30 am

sushdmehta wrote:
haris_zam wrote:the moderators have also deleted other posts i guess where jaguar informs he has got his ilr, may be thata a miatake too.
sushdmehta wrote:The post By OP that was deleted should not have been posted in this topic but in the existing topic in the ILR forum.
Plain simple English, easy to understand(?). Anymore off-topic posts .. and those will be taken off too!!

You made some assumptions about mods' actions and I explained the reasons, casa too! End of story .... Time to move on ...

I am sorry if i offended you and failed to understand the simple and plain english ... thankyou..

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:36 am

JaguarXF wrote:Hi haris_zam,

I agree with the moderators. They have elaborated very nicely on the facts and figures behind having posts migrated or deleted for specific reasons. I am grateful to the moderators for clarifying the position regarding having a cover letter posted at the forum.

Having secured my ILR I have been very busy with few things. Currently I am waiting for my passport and refunds from my FLR - FP file. This can however take 20 working days for Non European applications for having withdrawn or varied. Due to Christmas holidays this would mean even more time before everything is finally done and dusted.

I am hoping to get my outstanding documents back by the end of January 2016. As soon as everything is over I shall put in briefing about my personal experience regarding my journey from FLR (FP) to SET (LR). And of course I shall also provide the cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) WITH the briefing. Just want to do the right thing at the right time and not vice versa.This could however as stated earlier take about another month until the end of January 2016. Until then I wish everybody all the best.

Dear Jaguar,

thanks for writing back, i acknowledge your position and hope you get your documents and the refunds in as soon as possible which has strained and put much pressure on your cash-flows.

will be waiting to hear from you .

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi Jaguar,

I hope you get your refund soon. I was 70 days short of my 10 years therefore applied for FLR (FP) with a dependant. Now I have booked my PEO appointment on the 21st Jan to vary may application to SET(LR).
Any chance of you just mentioned a summary of that letter and if there were any case references?
Many thanks

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 am

gameover_786 wrote:

Hi Jaguar,

I hope you get your refund soon. I was 70 days short of my 10 years therefore applied for FLR (FP) with a dependant. Now I have booked my PEO appointment on the 21st Jan to vary may application to SET(LR).
Any chance of you just mentioned a summary of that letter and if there were any case references?
Many thanks

Dear gameover_786

what application did u apply for the dependant?

i have a confusion;

1) when i apply for flr fp to cover roughly 3 months ( short of 10 years Lr)
and because my wife has joined me two months ago i will put her down for flrfp. Will i be able to ask ukvi to hold her apllication until mine is decided ?? I am aware you can do this if the main applicant which is me, has lodged an indefinite application and is awaiting reply so HO can be asked to freeze the dependants application , what did u do or planning to do ???

2) When i vary my flr fp to set Lr when i reach the time period ,I am planning to go to window with my current passport coloured copies stamped with solicitors atteatation to vaerify them since my pasport will be with ukvi,
so when i go to window for ilr, i know longterm.residency 10. year route has no dependant on the form,what happens to my wifes application?

i have had great help fromhere about my application which I am clear about how to go about , but i am very confused regarding the dependent procedure,
I may meet the financial requirement of 18600 so shall i apply flr m straight away for her on the day i apply fory FLR FP.

please help me understand what is the best course of action for a dependant application when i apply for

1) Flr fp
2)Set Lr

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:33 am

haris_zam wrote:Dear gameover_786

i have a confusion;

and because my wife has joined me two months ago i will put her down for flrfp. Will i be able to ask ukvi to hold her apllication until mine is decided ?? I am aware you can do this if the main applicant which is me, has lodged an indefinite application and is awaiting reply so HO can be asked to freeze the dependants application , what did u do or planning to do ???

2) When i vary my flr fp to set Lr when i reach the time period ,I am planning to go to window with my current passport coloured copies stamped with solicitors atteatation to vaerify them since my pasport will be with ukvi,
so when i go to window for ilr, i know longterm.residency 10. year route has no dependant on the form,what happens to my wifes application?

i have had great help fromhere about my application which I am clear about how to go about , but i am very confused regarding the dependent procedure,
I may meet the financial requirement of 18600 so shall i apply flr m straight away for her on the day i apply fory FLR FP.

please help me understand what is the best course of action for a dependant application when i apply for

1) Flr fp
2)Set Lr

Thanks
Your wife cannot apply for FLR(M) if you apply for FLR(FP). You will both have to apply FLR(FP) and both vary to Set(LR) for you and FLR(M) for your wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
haris_zam wrote:Dear gameover_786

i have a confusion;

1) Flr fp
2)Set Lr

Thanks
Your wife cannot apply for FLR(M) if you apply for FLR(FP). You will both have to apply FLR(FP) and both vary to Set(LR) for you and FLR(M) for your wife.

thanks for the reply , ok if i donot meet financial requirement and i vary my flr fp to ilr , do i need then to vary hers because even after variation i will still be applying for her flr fp you see.. if the requirement of finances are not met, for instance.

i was initially planning a travel straight after o get my ilr to meet my parents in dubai , but because ofy wife it may mean i will have to wait for her decision , i have heard and read a flr fp dependants application can take even a year if not more.
how much do i expect to wait if i get my Ilr in sha allah around July?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:12 pm

haris_zam wrote:thanks for the reply , ok if i donot meet financial requirement and i vary my flr fp to ilr , do i need then to vary hers because even after variation i will still be applying for her flr fp you see.. if the requirement of finances are not met, for instance.

i was initially planning a travel straight after o get my ilr to meet my parents in dubai , but because ofy wife it may mean i will have to wait for her decision , i have heard and read a flr fp dependants application can take even a year if not more.
how much do i expect to wait if i get my Ilr in sha allah around July?
If you don't meet the financial requirement, your wife can continue her FLR(FP) application and yes, they can take a long time.

Depends if you apply for ILR in person of just vary your FLR(FP) application, which can also take a few months. That is of course assuming they do not refuse your application shortly after applying FLR(FP) because HO is very aware of people using this application because they cannot make any other and have a gap to reach 10 years. If this happens, your wife's application will likely also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi haris_zam,

Mate I am not an expert to advise you but I can tell you what I will be doing with my wife's application.
I will apply FLR(M) and will post her application with a cover letter for varying from FLR (FP) to FLR(M) on the 20th Jan. And also will inform UKVI that I the husband has vary the application to SET (LR) . I will also attached PEO appointment booking confirmation just to backup my claim. I will also ask them to hold the application in case if I do not get the decision on the same day for my ilr application. The application will reach home office on 21st Jan which is the same day I have my appointment. Once I get the decision I will send an other letter to home office with copies of my ilr.

I hope all goes to plan. Just to give you timeline on my FLR (FP) . I posted the application on the 4th December, reached home office 7th December. Payment taken from account on the 10th December. Acknowledment letter received 23rd December dated 21st December. Still waiting for the Bio invite.

I hope that helps. All the best with your application.

Regards and happy New year