ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP collection for infant URGENT!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drshashi
United Kingdom

BRP collection for infant URGENT!!!

Post by drshashi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:44 am

Hey there.. I got my 7 month old infant to UK on a tier 5 TW dependent visa which has a validity from 20/12/15 to 19/01/16 . and we arrived in UK on 21/12/15 . but the BRP is available only from 27/12/15. They are saying to collect BRP within 10 days of arrival. But due to late availability of BRP and bank holidays, I'm effectively left with just 3 days. I have a doubt whether the 10 days is from day of BRP availability or date of arrival, and is it 10 working days or just 10 days.
Also it was written in the BRP letter that, the children under 18 should be accompanied by a parent/ guardian. But it was a bit ambiguous whether a parent has to get a responsible adult form or its valid only for people other that parents. But when I went to post office they asked for a responsible adult form, which has delayed the process.. I am worried my child might be facing unnecessary penalty or worse. Which doesn't make sense.

drshashi
United Kingdom

Re: BRP collection for infant URGENT!!!

Post by drshashi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Can someone please help? I am desperate, not getting proper info from UKVI

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:04 pm

People will respond if and when they wish to.
Please be patient.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:40 pm

1. It is "within 10 days of arrival".
2. Does the child's passport have either parents' name mentioned? If yes, then both the child's passport and the accompanying parent's passport should suffice.

drshashi
United Kingdom

Post by drshashi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. It is "within 10 days of arrival".
2. Does the child's passport have either parents' name mentioned? If yes, then both the child's passport and the accompanying parent's passport should suffice.
Unfortunately I did tell them that I am the father and my name is on the passport. Still they asked for a 'responsible adult' letter by UKVI, which is strange, because it didn't say anything like that In the letter.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:14 pm

drshashi wrote:Unfortunately I did tell them that I am the father and my name is on the passport.
Telling them that you are parent is not the same as being able to prove to them then and there that you are the child's parent.
drshashi wrote:Still they asked for a 'responsible adult' letter by UKVI, which is strange, because it didn't say anything like that In the letter.
Never heard of this letter. If UKV&I does issue such letters, it will be ages before you will get it in your hands.

drshashi
United Kingdom

Post by drshashi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
drshashi wrote:Unfortunately I did tell them that I am the father and my name is on the passport.
Telling them that you are parent is not the same as being able to prove to them then and there that you are the child's parent.
drshashi wrote:Still they asked for a 'responsible adult' letter by UKVI, which is strange, because it didn't say anything like that In the letter.
Never heard of this letter. If UKV&I does issue such letters, it will be ages before you will get it in your hands.
Thanks a lot.. Will try Contacting them again..

adarsh287
Newly Registered

Post by adarsh287 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:50 pm

drshashi wrote:Hey there.. I got my 7 month old infant to UK on a tier 5 TW dependent visa which has a validity from 20/12/15 to 19/01/16 . and we arrived in UK on 21/12/15 . but the BRP is available only from 27/12/15. They are saying to collect BRP within 10 days of arrival. But due to late availability of BRP and bank holidays, I'm effectively left with just 3 days. I have a doubt whether the 10 days is from day of BRP availability or date of arrival, and is it 10 working days or just 10 days.
Also it was written in the BRP letter that, the children under 18 should be accompanied by a parent/ guardian. But it was a bit ambiguous whether a parent has to get a responsible adult form or its valid only for people other that parents. But when I went to post office they asked for a responsible adult form, which has delayed the process.. I am worried my child might be facing unnecessary penalty or worse. Which doesn't make sense.
Hi Dr Shashi,
I am Dr Adarsh, arrived in the UK a month back and my family 2 days back, and when we went to the post office, faced the same issue that you would have faced a year back. Could you please guide me as what is the solution of this problem? My email id is email address removed by moderator , phone is mobile number removed by moderator. I request you to guide me out of this matter. Thank you

drshashi
United Kingdom

Post by drshashi » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Hey adarsh.. You have to apply to UKVI for the responsible adult form. They should send you a letter within few days. Put in the kids name , visa application number, your name relation and ur visa details as well. Should be fine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:54 pm

adarsh287 wrote: Hi Dr Shashi,
I am Dr Adarsh, arrived in the UK a month back and my family 2 days back, and when we went to the post office, faced the same issue that you would have faced a year back. Could you please guide me as what is the solution of this problem? My email id is email address removed by moderator , phone is mobile number removed by moderator. I request you to guide me out of this matter. Thank you
For your own safety, kindly refrain from posting personal contact details on the public forum. We have frequent unwanted visits by scammers and spammers.

Please see point 5 of the forum T&Cs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shrsri
Newly Registered
India

Post by shrsri » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:59 am

Hello

I am into same boat. My Son's BRP is going to end on 1-Jan and we entered UK day before yesterday. When I visited BRP collection point, they asked for responsible adult letter from Home office.

I have applied for that form yesterday online. I am much worried about weather I will be able to collect BRP within the time period.

How many days it generally takes to receive the responsible adult form ? And whether it will be sent on Mail or by Post?

Worried and looking for advise.

nagarjunareddy04
Newly Registered

Post by nagarjunareddy04 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:52 pm

@shrsri: I am also on the same page. Can you please provide me what was the outcome of yours?
Were you managed to get the Responsible Adult letter within the time?