ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Barcelona?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

biggshot
Newly Registered

Visa for Barcelona?

Post by biggshot » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:37 am

I am on a Spouse visa valid until Dec 2008. I also have a Schengen visa issued by French embassy valid until Mar 2008. I am going to Paris for a weekend in December.

1. I am planning to go to Barcelona for a weekend in February. Can I travel to Barcelona on my Schengen visa (which is multiple entry)?

2. Do I need a visa to travel to Switzerland?

Thanks

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:25 pm

1. Yes you can, a Schengen visa is valid for all countries in the Schengen space.

2. You don't mention what your nationality is, but regardless of your nationality you will not require a visa for Switzerland if you have leave to remain in the UK valid for a total period of longer than 6 months. You appear to have a 2 year spouse visa, so this is fine.

Note that the exemption from needing a visa for Switzerland is not because you have a Schengen visa, it is because Switzerland has a special exemption for people who hold leave to remain in the UK for longer than 6 months. So even once your Schengen visa expires you will still be able to travel to Switzerland without needing a visa.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:21 am

Thanks for the information Dawie.