ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G to ILR - Main & Dep : Various Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Tier 1 G to ILR - Main & Dep : Various Questions

Post by Explorer0055 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Hello All,

I am on teir-1 general visa, I am going to apply for ILR soon. My wife has been with me from beginning but she became my dependent only from february 2103. Now I need to the following:
  • For how many years we have to show proof of cohabitation?
  • Also what documents do we need?
  • How many documents in each persons name? as we dont have many containing both of our names.

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Tier 1 G to ILR - Self Emp & Tax Questions

Post by Explorer0055 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi all,

I am on Teir 1 general visa, I am both employed and self employed.
I have sent an amendment in the beginning of Oct 2015, and I haven't received any update on it yet.
When I spoke to HMRC first week of December, they said that a letter has been sent out on 30/11/15 for me to reply which I haven'r received yet. The officer said she dont know whats in the letter and I am also not sure what they have asked and what are my options as my PEO appointment is next week, and I have no letters from HMRC for my amendments.
Can I use a letter from accountant only to explain all the sitaution or do I have to get anything from HMRC (for that I have to change my appointment)?

please advise.

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

invoices question

Post by Explorer0055 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for my ILR soon, I am currently on teir 1 general visa.
I have submitted invoices for my self employment work, but my customer has left UK and move to canada last month. Do they need to check with customer for anything. Or are they happy with payment record and taxes paid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 G to ILR - Main & Dep : Various Questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Please keep all your queries on the same application in one topic/thread. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have regarding the same ILR application. Please see Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:41 pm

1. Start with reading FAQs for ILR - Tier 1G/Tier 2/WP/HSMP - Read before posting.
2. What HO will want to see that there are no tax discrepancies. Accountant's letter is one-sided - who is to believe that he/she is telling the truth, that the amendments have been sent? Given what has been posted in the forum, you need some sort of confirmation from HMRC that the tax discrepancies have been acknowledged and if any tax is due it has been paid or a payment plan has been agreed upon.
3. Only a caseworker that sees your evidences can tell you that. If any forum members tell you "no, it's fine" but the caseworker decides to defer your application for further checks on self-employment, what will you do?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

TAX Query

Post by Explorer0055 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi all,

I have seen people discussing about tax amendments. And also seen that tax amendment will show both the previous and amended earnings. I have the following questions in my mind:

*-- So if you go for application, does it make any bad impression on case worker?
*-- Do we need to show them tax amendment along with all required documents or we only present it if they specifically ask for it?
*-- if someone makes a payment plan with HMRC does he need to present this or we only show if they ask?

Thanks in advance.

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Filling SET O Form --- VERY URGENT Help required

Post by Explorer0055 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR - Tier 1 General route. Can someone please guide me in answering questions on SET O Form. I need to fill it in asap at all costs. Some of the questions may seen daft, but still any help is greatly appreciated.

1-- Section 5.3
Are you working in the UK?
If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?

My income is variable each month, as I am self employed. What should I write in the box? can I write an average income? is that acceptable?

2-- Section 9A
A9. Please provide full contact details that will allow each of the documents provided to be
verified if necessary. Please also provide here any additional information or explanation of the
documentation sent which will assist us in our consideration of the earnings being claimed. If
more space is required, please provide the required information in a covering letter.

Now what do I need to write here, my accountants or clients details? I am self employed, and the accountant is the one who deals with everything?

Also the photocopies of documents

Do I need to take the photocopies of the salary slips, bank statements and any invoices as well. just confirming to be on safe side.

Thanks again in advance.

EX

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:36 pm

CR001 wrote:Please keep all your queries on the same application in one topic/thread. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have regarding the same ILR application. Please see Multiple Posts (click)
Please follow the given suggestion.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Post by Explorer0055 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

I am sorry for creating new posts. But I created a new one because I needed rapid response on these questions. I thought that the old ones are not related to form filling which i needed to complete by the end of today. and if I post in there probably it will not be seen by many people at the bottom of the page.

If you want you can delete all my previous posts, and leave the post named "Filling SET O Form --- VERY URGENT Help required".

I just need answers to the questions for one in the topic of SET O form.

regards