ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need for UK proof of entry under tier 2?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jayaff
Newly Registered

Need for UK proof of entry under tier 2?

Post by jayaff » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi guys,

I was granted a tier 2 visa but because I entered the UK via Ireland I didn't go through any passport control and have my visa checked. On the home office letter it says that I must enter the UK within a 1 month period or my visa will be cancelled - so im not sure if there is any other way to validate my entry/activate my visa other than go through passport control. Any thoughts?

ravi_ei

Re: Need for UK proof of entry under tier 2?

Post by ravi_ei » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:38 pm

You must have all the tickets to Ireland. Your passport should have stamp from Ireland port of entry and you should have some proof of means by which you traveled from Ireland to UK(bus tickets or something). Keep them safe for proof.