ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval and Entry in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saby

Approval and Entry in UK

Post by saby » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Hello all,

I have a very mouth-watering 8 months contract opportunity in uae starting from jan 1st. I have already sent my hsmp application and expect an approval (barring any unpleasnt surprise).

As I understand, I need to enter UK within 6 months of the date on the approval letter. I have to take into account the time taken for EC as well. Now this UAE opportunity has caught me completely off-guard, I want to clear a few things here and I am hopeful that knowledgable people here can help.

a) If I have the approval letter and I am working in uae, can I apply for my EC from UAE instead of BHC in my home country?

b) Under what circumstances can I apply for an extention in the approval? I would ideally like to get letter extended and apply for EC after my contract period is over (if I avail uae opportunity)

c) If I get EC, go to uk and come back to uae for a quick visit to complete my contract, what are the scenarios I need to take care of?

d) If I dont apply for EC and approval expires, I'll need to file a new application, right? Will that be a blackmark for me that I didnt apply for EC after the first approval?

Thanks in advance.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:21 pm

I certainly wouldn't begin your 5 year EC until the end of this 8 month contract. It will get too complicated to say I got hsmp and started to work in uae,
You will not be a resident long enough in UAE, to be able to apply for EC there so I think you need to do it via your Home country. By the time you get hsmp, wait as long as possible before apply for EC, then your UAE will be done.

saby

Post by saby » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:53 pm

^

What are the reprucussions (sp?) if I apply, say in June and my letter expires during EC processing? and even If i get the EC before 6 months period, I give entry to uk (for a week) and come back to finish up my contract, what are the possible scenarios for my hsmp future?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:57 pm

saby wrote:^

What are the reprucussions (sp?) if I apply, say in June and my letter expires during EC processing? and even If i get the EC before 6 months period, I give entry to uk (for a week) and come back to finish up my contract, what are the possible scenarios for my hsmp future?
There are plenty of threads on this.
I believe you can apply for EC within 6 months of the hsmp approval and then you have another 6 months to use EC, It says the limit on the letter so pay attention but use the search function and teach yourself about the info that is out here on the board

Post by 1971 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:26 am

SYH,

I think you are sounding too harsh and difficult on this forum.This is a place where people or members should feel free to ask questions no matter how simple or cheap their concerns may be.But being too straight-jacketed about their questions makes life even tougher for them."No Man is an Island" and Rome was never built in a day". Contribute positively or never at all.

I mean no disrespect but it's my observation in a lot of threads that you have responded to.

Cheers

saby

Post by saby » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:12 am

^ Its okay 1971. It was naive on my part too.

Anyways, I have found the answer to two of my questions by searching on this forum (a) and some part of (d)