ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am i still eligible for eu dependent visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

affan546
Newly Registered

Am i still eligible for eu dependent visa?

Post by affan546 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi
i am living in Ireland for 3 years so far.I am wondering i have the uk relatives who are not my straight blood relatives but my mom's cusin lives in England .Does that comes in eu family unification thing?she lived their for more 40 years till now .How can i apply for the european unification ?

thanks in advnace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Am i still eligible for eu dependent visa?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:58 pm

Your post is confusing. Are you asking if you can apply for something to live in England?

What nationality is 'mothers cousin'?

Through what route are you in Ireland and what visa have you got?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

affan546
Newly Registered

Post by affan546 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:35 am

i have student visa in ireland.My aunt is british citizen and she has been their for long time.i have stamp 2 in ireland.i am doing software engineering at the moment .i want to know if i can apply for eu re unification

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:56 am

You cannot use the EU/EEA immigration route to the UK if your mothers' cousin is British and living in the UK.

You will need to find alternative visa under the UK immigration rules that you might qualify for if you wish to live in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

affan546
Newly Registered

Post by affan546 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:03 am

thanks for the info i was bit confused about the rules but i was to ask one question more i wan to stay here in ireland but she can sponsor me for my studies and living in ireland .and secondly does it not come in the european unification rules for re united family members?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:07 am

Not sure if she can sponsor you for a student visa in Ireland if she lives in England.

The UK has its own immigration rules and a British citizen living the UK cannot use the EU rules to sponsor family members. They are not part of the Schengen and other EU/EEA routes you are mentioning.

There are different routes for British citizens who want to return to the UK with direct family but only AFTER they have lived and worked/exercised treaty rights in an EU state other than the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

affan546
Newly Registered

Post by affan546 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:14 am

thanks very much it was great help for the information
thanks million

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:47 am

affan546 wrote:thanks for the info i was bit confused about the rules but i was to ask one question more i wan to stay here in ireland but she can sponsor me for my studies and living in ireland .and secondly does it not come in the european unification rules for re united family members?
Any family member can sponsor you in the sense of sending you financial support.
But this will not necessarily count towards 'EU family reunification'.

Firstly, as already pointed out to you, British citizens who reside in UK (& have not exercised treaty rights elsewhere in EU) are not considered as EU citizens. This means EU rules don't come into play.

Secondly, you are an extended family member so the rules especially on level & proof of dependency are more complicated.

If you have an independent life in another country, (i.e. independent of a remote family member that you have rarely met & not lived with previously nor been part of their household previously), then you are unlikely to convince the UK Home Office of 'dependency' & a need for 'reunification'.

Here is some background to fill you in on EU free movement:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... u-citizen/
- see links that may relate to your case on left side of the webpage.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.