ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Collection. advice please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bas0508

Passport Collection. advice please

Post by bas0508 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 am

I recieved my documents back on 15th Dec
I emailed and escalated the case, and they responded with A decion was made, after pushing further, they said it was made on then10th of December. I understand its holiday period, but my wife has not received a call or message to collect passport. Why is it taking this long. Its been 3 weeks now. Have others been in same situation

bas0508

Re: Passport Collection. advice please

Post by bas0508 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Can someone help please. Im worried about the whole 28 day issue if the visa is granted

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 am

Have you heard anything back yet? Just found out a decision was made on my application on 18th, not heard anything RE collection. I'm not really bothered about the BRP not having much time on it, just want to know the outcome of application. :(
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:25 am

shakoorh wrote:Have you heard anything back yet? Just found out a decision was made on my application on 18th, not heard anything RE collection. I'm not really bothered about the BRP not having much time on it, just want to know the outcome of application. :(

I emailed them, I got a reply back with the following!

"We would like to apologise for the delay in responding to you. We have
received the following update on your escalated case.

'Islamabad notified of the decision 11/12'

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery."

I dont know why it is taking them 3 weeks to respond to say yes or no visa granted. Very anxious times

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Just out of curiosity, when you login to Visa4UK, on your application does it show 10 December as travel date?
Timeline:

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:58 pm

shakoorh wrote:Just out of curiosity, when you login to Visa4UK, on your application does it show 10 December as travel date?
No it doesnt show as 10th December. I put the travel date after 12 weeks, so I put it for January 2016.

But yeah, have you spoke to anyone regarding passport collection. My wife called Gerrys today and they said, they are still waiting for the passports. but took no details or anything.

Its very frustrating, a waiting game now.

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:08 pm

bas0508 wrote:
shakoorh wrote:Just out of curiosity, when you login to Visa4UK, on your application does it show 10 December as travel date?
No it doesnt show as 10th December. I put the travel date after 12 weeks, so I put it for January 2016.

But yeah, have you spoke to anyone regarding passport collection. My wife called Gerrys today and they said, they are still waiting for the passports. but took no details or anything.

Its very frustrating, a waiting game now.
Yeah my wife got in contact with Gerry's Mirpur who said that they haven't received the passport. I think it is incompetence at Islamabad's end tbh, they really are bunch of cowboys.
Timeline:

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:43 pm

shakoorh wrote: Yeah my wife got in contact with Gerry's Mirpur who said that they haven't received the passport. I think it is incompetence at Islamabad's end tbh, they really are bunch of cowboys.
Its a bit of a joke, very inconsistent. The worse thing is, the answers UKVI give, are very generic. They should be chasing up Islamabad urgently, they dont realise how much stress it does cause.

bas0508

HELP! Advised get in touch with the visa application centre

Post by bas0508 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:38 am

Hi Guys

Recieved this email today, after chasing and chasing UKVI, everyday

""Islamabad notified of the decision on 11/12/2015 - applicant is advised to
get in touch with the visa application centre where passport was submitted."

Surely they should be getting in touch with my wife? We rang them, they said, we have not recieved any news. This is very conflicting what is being advised and what the Mirpur centre is telling us.

I am very confused right now, I have advised my wife to go to the Mirpur Visa Application centre, but it seems pretty bad service, if they are asking us to chase up, when they have stated they will contact the applicant in the first place.