ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national wanting to Apply for Fiance Visa needs PR card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obie
Ireland

EEA national wanting to Apply for Fiance Visa needs PR card

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Due to busy work demands, I have not been able to update this forum on recent changes to the Rules .

New changes take effect from today.

From today, any EEA national who wishes to sponsor their partner on the fiance route, will need to provide a PR document as confirmation of their Permanent Residence Status.

I believe these changes will have an effect on both EEA national and non-EEA National with Permanent Residence Status under Regulation 15 of the EEA Regulations as amended.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bahadar
Newly Registered

Re: EEA national wanting to Apply for Fiance Visa needs PR c

Post by bahadar » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Obie wrote:Due to busy work demands, I have not been able to update this forum on recent changes to the Rules .

New changes take effect from today.

From today, any EEA national who wishes to sponsor their partner on the fiance route, will need to provide a PR document as confirmation of their Permanent Residence Status.

I believe these changes will have an effect on both EEA national and non-EEA National with Permanent Residence Status under Regulation 15 of the EEA Regulations as amended.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf
it means NON EEA national with permanent residence card can sponsor his new wife under EEA rules .
I have gone through all the pages of that link you have attached with your post , According to my understandings that a person(NON EEA National) can sponsor his/her new spouse under EU law if he/she have PR under EEA rules.

Also I have called home office and asked so many times regarding this issue and they confirmed that non eea national with PR can sponsor new spouse under eu law .

please reply

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA national wanting to Apply for Fiance Visa needs PR c

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:50 pm

I don't think the adviser.

A non-EEA national with PR under EU law, has no right to sponsor a family member under EU law.

The Regulations and EU law, applies to EEA nationals, and their EEA or non-EEA national family members.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors